icon

'97 GMC Sierra, Viper 560XV Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cb1oss 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Do I need to use the DEI 451M relay for the door locks provided or can I just directly connect the wires? And if I used the relay how exactly would I connect the wires?
Also do I need a relay for starter kill or for my headlights to flash? I'm not exactly sure when I need to use relays and which type to use.
Also what kind of relay do I need for the Dome supervision?
I was thinking that I might have a problem with the alarm going off ~5 seconds after it is armed because The Sierra keep the dome light activated for ~5 seconds after you lock up. Is this going to be a problem? If so how do I get around it.
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

For the door locks I didn't need a relay just tapped into the wires.  I have a 96 yukon w/keless entry.  The wires should be the same and you can find them in the kick panel.  A light blue and a white wire.  They are the skinny ones compared to the other light blue wire.  That one is for the window.  Good luck.

cb1oss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having problems getting the remote start working. I am not sure what I am sopposed to do with some wires. One being on the primary harness: H1/3 WHITE/ Blue remote start (-) activation input. What do I do with this wire?
Also there is a group of four wires that fits into the remote start relay. They are open ended and I have not found anything in the manual that says anything about it. What do I do with this?
cb1oss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone please? I need to finish this up today before work tomorrow.
kcalvert_25 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
According to the manual, the WHITE/ blue wire is connected to a remote start activation button that is included with the alarm, do u have the maunal for the alarm, its right in the manual. the four wire plug is probly for the outboard shock sensor!! Ill check back and try to help best i can!!, or hit me up on aim kcalvert_1977
cb1oss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly from the manual:
This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive
ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true
for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice
for the remote start to activate or deactivate.
NOTE: When the activation pulse count can be programmed to 1, 2, or 3 pulses when changed it
will affect both activation inputs; the WHITE/ Blue wire and the remote control activation.
Also I can't find anything in the manual for the four wire plug.
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
If you check out the diagrams in the back of the manual it tells you what they are.  What you would do with them I don't know.  Seems like you could use them for some sort of extra like turning on your AC or defrost when you start it..  Not really sure though.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
kcalvert_25 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
the four wire plug is probly the plug for the shock sensor, does it fit in the shock sensor??
cb1oss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure what I would use them for but the wires are:
status output
2nd accessory output
starter output
3rd ignition output
I'm pretty sure I do not need this wire at the moment.
Thanks guys for the help.
cb1oss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also I can just ground out the neutral safety switch because there is a built-in starter kill so it cannot start in gear, correct?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic