icon

how to wire dual voice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

i got two 12 inch "SUBWOOFER" that are both dual voice coil.how the heck do i wire it to my amp.im running a xm-2200gtx amp. i wired it up like this https://international.jbl.com/car/SubwooferWiring/2-4-4.asp?language=ENGLISHbut  no sound. The amp is showing power.. so wut the heck am i doing wrong?

xThumPx 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure that you are connecting a lead between one pos&neg of each woofer, then wiring the other two remaining pos/neg poles into the amp, putting them in parallel so the amp is running two subs off of only one bridged channel. And, oh yeah, make sure the amp is bridgeable ;)
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
what are your subs? have you checked the rca cables, they may be bad. or just not plugged in, the best of us do that some times. if its not rca and the connections at the amp are correct it may be your head unit. most likely your amp is in protection mode tho.
Quad L Handyman services
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  

Protection mode is when the power light is a different color . like fo example red right?

yeah i'm pretty sure its  not in protection mode. the rca cable are cool, i just upgraded my sub woofers form 10" XS-L101 to these 12" ZX-4712 DVXand all i did was switch the box, and subs and wired them like shown on that onejbl website. another thing that i'm not sure about is that is my amp bridgeable.wonder if anyone can tell me if my xm-2200gtx amp is bridge and wil work on these subscuz my XS-L101 has only one set if coils. all i did was hook those from chan 1 pos to negsame with chan 2so yeah i'm about to go and kick that damn thing spent$250 on it. i should have just spent it on 12w7 not the point though ^_^so anyone can help me with out me having to put more money out?

Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  

1. the amp is bridgeable. with a sony-500wrms at 4ohms.

2. assuming the subs are dual 4ohm then you have them wired correctly.

if your still experiencing problems i would suggest you take a once over on all of your systems connections. head unit,  rca's, amp, speaker wires...etc.

Quad L Handyman services
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

ok everything is working perfect, i messed with it by trying all sorts of ways to wire itbut i'lll just leave at this.oh yeah i put the volume up on my head unit. I forgot up to where did i put it before the sub just stopped playing music.so i checked the fuse, and it was burnt. y does that happend? what can i do to prevent it from happening again?

Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  

don't play the music above the level where it blew.... what fuse blew on the h/u in the car, on the amp?

Quad L Handyman services
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ketel22 wrote:
don't play the music above the level where it blew.... what fuse blew on the h/u in the car, on the amp?

Ok i wont. but im so tempted to do it.The fuse that blew is the one on the amp kit wire.The one by the battery terminal. The fuse on the 8 guage power wire that is under my hood.????

Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
what is the fuse rated at?
Quad L Handyman services
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

the fuse is rated at 30 amps

its a balde fuse