icon

best sound w/Sony subs/amp setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djhaf 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
something seems weird... i dont know how i would be able to fit an AGU fuse in there... it doesnt look like it would fit. best sound w/Sony subs/amp setup? - Page 6 -- posted image.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
if you can, take a picture of the inside of the holder. Particularly where the fuse attaches.
What I'm woried about is that we may have jumped the gun based on your initial picture of the holder. Most inline fuse holders like that are either AGU or ANL (the smaller holders are usually AGU). We all just assumed that yours was AGU. Even more complicating is that I have seen some inline holders like yours that WILL accept the blade type fuses like the green one that you showed. Get me a picture of your holder opened and I can help more.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
djhaf 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

best sound w/Sony subs/amp setup? - Page 6 -- posted image.

wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
I need to see the inside section. Unscrew the endcaps and see if you can remove the center piece, then take another picture. Where did you order this from?
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
djhaf 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

got it at best buy, ill take more right now hold up

wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
OK, we were wrong. That looks like an ANL fuse holder. ANL fuses will handle a higher current and AGU fuses and come anywhere from 60A - 300A
On behalf of all of us that automatically assumed AGU, I apologize! That is definitely one of the smaller (length-wise) ANL holders that I've seen!
I'm still lery though, because the available length in the picture looks too small for an ANL fuse, but I haven't seen any other wafer-type fuses that would fit in there. My immediate suggestion is to take that holder into your local audio shop and ask to see an ANL fuse then make sure it fits (length-wise) before buying one.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
djhaf 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
it's ok =) you don't need to appologies, i appriciate all the help you've given me thus far. 60a fuse would be fine for my application correct?i guess i've asked all the questions i needed to ask =D thanks guys
wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure to look where I updated my last post.
There are also bolt-on fuses that have a wafer-like appearance. The bolt-on fuses are about 2.68 inches long according to the bcae site. I've never used these before (or even seen them), but that holder is still bugging me as being an ANL holder and still so short.
And yes, a 60 amp fuse should still be fine if you're using 4awg wire and only pulling 300 watts RMS from the amp.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

customsuburb wrote:
Hmm... one of these pictures dosn't belong.

LOL hmm i wonder which one LOL

Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic