icon

Why my system does not sound Loud

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

HI, Guys this is my setup.  Pioneer Premier AVH-P6500DVD as a head unit, DEQ-9200 graphic equalizer and my amps which are a soundstream for the mid an highs, and a Memphis Memphis 16-MC1000D for my subs, and my subs models are Pioneer SPL series TS-W1500SPL (600W rms each one) the way i have it connected to the amp is bridged to get 1 ohm.,  the setting on my Hu for the bass is 50HZ same in the eq and in the amp, the subzonic is at 20hz, the gain is almost all they way up.  the Loud setting in my hu is off. the level is at 5, i really dont know what to do to make it sound louder..... any help???

thank you

Qinstaller 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Are your gains properly set, are any of the speakers "out of fase"?  thease are just 2 ideas off the top of my head.
MECP Cert.
18 years Exp.
Support your local Installer
Still love what I do! :)
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

With that set up you will never be satisfied, your just going to get more deff, and more deff, until you can't hear it at allWhy my system does not sound Loud -- posted image.

What kind of box do you have those subs in? That may be the problem.  give us the full details please.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
What gauge wiring are you running, what size/type of box is it, and what kind of vehicle is it in?  Also, is it loud inside and not outside, or just not loud period?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Several things could be wrong.  First of all, that Memphis amp should not have the gain almost all the way up (and neither should the Soundstream amps) since that head produces at least 4-volts output.  Your gain is too high.  Nest, the Memphis should drive those Pioneers just fine, except if you have a "subsonic" filter at 20Hz and a low-pass crossover at 50Hz, the subs will only be able to reproduce the narrow band between those two frequencies.  The first thing I would do is raise the low pass filter to 80 Hz.  Next, how many subs are you running?  That model is DVC 2-ohm or DVC 8-ohm.  If you have two of them there is no way you can create a 1-ohm load.  Also, Qinstaller above is correct, if you have one sub out of phase in relation to the other, they will tend to cancel each other out.
Support the12volt.com
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

OK, IM running 2 gauge wire from the battery which is a yellow optima to a 2.4 capacitor, he subs are in a sealed box, the subs are DVC Dual Four OHm, which if im right it can be wires in to 2 or 8 ohms i have at 2ohms each one, the i connected the two subs to the amp getting 1 ohms>

the car is a 2000 dodge stratus, the amps are receieved 13.6 and 14.2 whith the engine is on..

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
JustDoIt2 wrote:

OK, IM running 2 gauge wire from the battery which is a yellow optima to a 2.4 capacitor, he subs are in a sealed box, the subs are DVC Dual Four OHm, which if im right it can be wires in to 2 or 8 ohms i have at 2ohms each one, the i connected the two subs to the amp getting 1 ohms>

the car is a 2000 dodge stratus, the amps are receieved 13.6 and 14.2 whith the engine is on..

Power wire shouldn't really matter, but thanks for the info.  If those subs are DVC 4-ohm (which Pioneer does not list as an option for that model, but hey they might be) then yes, all in parralel means you have a one-ohm net load on your amp.  But what about the polarity?  Also, are both subs sharing enclosure volume or are they in their own enclosure spaces?  How did you set your gain?  If it is too high they could sound bad because all you hear is clipping. 

Support the12volt.com
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok, they are in their own enclosure spaces, the gain was set by hearing, the Pioneer equalizer have a system that let you know when yours speakers are clipping, I think it have to do with the settings of the radio, eq and amps.
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4061_35345_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

thats the website of the subs, If you can take a look so you can see if its really dual 4 ohms

Qinstaller 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok well I would absolutely agree with DYohn on the settings of your amp. Since you have a sealed box you can turn off the Subsonic filter altogether. (Only needed with ported enclosures, 95% of the time). 70 to 80Hz perfect for 12's. And again I would check to make sure the speakers are "in fase".  Easy way to tell. Put in some base heavy music and stand directly in front of your subs looking at them if there not moving together as one then there out of fase. What kind of music do you listen to if the boom is what you want you might think of having a custom ported enclosure built for those subs.

MECP Cert.
18 years Exp.
Support your local Installer
Still love what I do! :)
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic