the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

return of the regal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'll throw this one in the mix, because I like  Dayton subs and the enclosure is high quality;  and I'm probably going to get one of these  US Acoustics amps myself.  And you've got plenty of $ left over for wiring and sound deadening (u will need it!)
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, first of all my bad. When i was referring to the "not big name brands" i was referring to Profile, not MTX (which i am aware of their ranks) I personally never had a problem with the Profile amps. But they arnt the best. For a small budget, i see nothing wrong with their prices and performance. They are cheap amps and are cheap themeselves. I only recomended Profile because they are so cheap and can fit into the smallest budget.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

djMINIoompa wrote:
Ok, first of all my bad. When i was referring to the "not big name brands" i was referring to Profile, not MTX (which i am aware of their ranks) I personally never had a problem with the Profile amps. But they arnt the best. For a small budget, i see nothing wrong with their prices and performance. They are cheap amps and are cheap themeselves. I only recomended Profile because they are so cheap and can fit into the smallest budget.

You should definitely look at US Acoustics instead of Profile amps. Wayyyyyy better quality and they sound pretty good, especially for the price.

djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, thanks for the advice. I will deffinently look into that.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I back up bucktussa's recommendations. Im planning on putting that exact setup in my car. Here are links for the cheapest soundstream amp and kicker subs I could find

http://store.yahoo.com/csexpo/egsost2chcar.html

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic03cvr124&store=&catid=369

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Those probobly arn't the best places to buy audio equipment....
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
hey a couple years ago I hit 137.8 dB with 2 12" RF punch Z's running off a Crunch USA amp with 350W @ 4 ohms in sealed boxes in the trunk of a 94 regal. The whole system minus the head unit and wiring cost $400 at best buy with 4 year extended warrenty. And I bought bulk wiring for about $40. They made good on the warrenty 3 times, too! Just told them I didn't know what happened (had to see what they could really take.)
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Cheap equipment promotes inventiveness. 
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

customsuburb wrote:
Those probobly arn't the best places to buy audio equipment....

Why are those places any worse than any other online stores? I mean its the same product, regardlessly of were you buy it right? Where do you suggest buying from (in the same price range)?

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Those places might have the best prices but you don't get any warranty, or tech support usually. Sure its ok if you know what your are doing and go to a good place (like thezeb.com or ikesound.com) but its usually best to buy from a local dealer or authorized on-line dealer.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic