icon

I need it to be louder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

Ok. I have a friend who is running a 1 12 inch stroker, off a planet audio PA-2500D. he told me that he just broke 150 db with this set up in his jimmy.

Now I am the most competetive person in the world and I will not let him get away with being louder then I. The weird thing is we are both bought the same amp (planet audio PA-2500D) without knowing it. the only difference is I own an Audiobahn AW1208T.

I need to be able to be louder then him. I just want to know what little things i should do to make sure i get the most out of my system. Anything that will improve my spl will help.

Soccer_aholicI need it to be louder -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

Like you said, you have an Audiobahn...

If you want more SPL, get a better woofer with longer throw and better construction and put it into the correct ported enclosure.  Something like an Eclipse Aluminum, an Adire Brahma, a Planet Audio FU, etc.

Support the12volt.com
soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
At the moment changing the sub is not an option. I know that the Audiobahn is not the best choice for this. it will eventually get changed. I am looking into getting a planet audio FU but not right now. anyways I just want to know what little things i can do. Like my box i am going to use 1 inch mdf instead of 3/4. just things like that.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
The best you can do is follow the "ultimate SPl bass box" guidelines provided by the manufacturer.  Then be flexible with placement in your vehicle to find the "sweet spot" position for the enclosure where it sounds the best.  1" MDF for the baffle board (where the woofer is mounted) is a good idea.  Be sure your enclosure is well braced and all seams sealed.  Be sure to mount the ports on the same side as the speaker.
Support the12volt.com
soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Do you guys think that I have a good chance of taking my friend in the next spl competition?? He will be running his in a jimmy and i will be running mine in a 1994 eagle talon. Do you think i should hook a cap up? also how much will dynamat do?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
i really doubt that he hit 150, ,  but do everything you can. . and then when it comes to comp time blow him away and make him look silly.  He prolly only hit 135 or so.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
bucktussa 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
150 with 1 stroker?!?!??  nah...    people need to keep it real.
- 97 Honda Prelude SH
- 3 CVR 10's on Power 1000bd
- Kicker K series components
- Sony 4ch Highs Amp
- Pioneer Premier Deck
- Delphi XM Reciever
- Sony 10 disk changer
dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I hit 147.5 with 1 12" Kove Armageddon Z... So it's possibly to get up there in the big numbers with one sub..  Just throwing that in there I need it to be louder -- posted image.
soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make it louder??? maybe a cap?? dynamat?? things like that?? what dorta things help??

DYohn 
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

soccer_aholic wrote:
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make it louder??? maybe a cap?? dynamat?? things like that?? what dorta things help??

Dynamat (or something like it) might help.  The only thing you can really do is build the proper enclosure and go for it.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic