Subs hit, but don't pound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

Customsuburb.......

I was just using the term "cranked up" loosely as a figure of speech....   As it sits right now, it's probably no more than half power, if that, BUT I gave them a 5 minute run at about 3/4 to full bass boost, just to see if they crank...........and by looking at them, they're really hitting at that level, just not giving me the sound to prove it.  That's why I started this thread, because you'd think 1800 watts (RMS) of woofer power would really shake things...............and it does rattle the hell out of the truck, just not like I expect them too (I've seen a pair of fosgates in a sealed box with half the power do more damage than my two audiobahns.....and if DYON is right (which he probably is) then my box it the blame).
As for the alternator thing, that's first on my list of things to do (well second now, since i need to rebuild that damn box).  I probably will also go with a pair of caps, just to try and keep my amps with a steady flow of current.   I've seen amps fry because the volts were jumping from 10-14 between hits.  A cap is just an added piece of security for me,  since i knowthat should the amps need that jolt of juice, they'll get it faster than that alternator can supply the battery...
Now, hopefully this reply makes it.......cuz i think i'm going over my post limit within the hour...........
Again, thanks for ur concern custom......it's greatly appreciated..............and sorry for the confusion

~wayland
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry about the confusion wayland. Subs hit, but don't pound - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

No problem.....  I just wanted to let you guys know we (the person who's working on this and I)  arent' complete idiots..... 

Now,
Since I MAY be facing a new box redesign, let me make sure I'm getting everything right this time.......  HERE IS WHAT AUDIOBAHN GIVES YOU FOR DIMENSIONS FOR A "EVERYDAY PERFORMER PORTED BOX"

Air Space (Cu. Ft.) -------2.3

Port Size (Inches) -------4 x 7.25

Port Vel. (%) ------------19.6

-3dB (Hz)----------------32.5

Tune Freq. (Hz)-------38

Sub Disp. (Cu. Ft.)---0.25

Port Disp.(Cu. Ft.)---0.046

Total Vol. (Cu. Ft.)--2.5

NOW, WHAT THE HECK DOES PORT VEL. STAND FOR?    AND WILL STRAIGHT UP PVC DO GOOD ENOUGH?

~wayland
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic