icon

Laptop under seat with its screen on dash

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chargin 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I want to use it with the laptop connected, anyone got some links about this type of thing? surely I cant be the first to ponder this one?
Lurkin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

are all you wanting to do is remove the screen from the laptop itself and just extend the wires?

if so just take it apart and extend the wires.

if you cant tell somebody exactly what you are wanting to do nobody can help ya.

markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Extending the wires from a laptop to its screen isn't an easy task if not impossible. There are far too many wires that are on copper-clad flexible sheets plus a lot of very thin wires that will take too much work to accomplish.   If you are wanting to have a screen on the dash, I would suggest an easier alternative, which is to put your laptop (without any surgery to it) under the seat and just use a flat screen monitor and connect its HD15 connector to the laptop. If you get better ideas, I would like to know as well. Of course you won't be able to operate your laptop unless you have an external keyboard etc, in which case you would end up with so many external devices to place all over. I've seen a few people do it but not with a laptop.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic