icon

Central locking and alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cobycass 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged  
hi pal i live in uk do you have msn messenger if so add me to your friends list and i will be able to explain everything you need plus its easier to explain talking rather than on screen cookiecarcare@msn.com if not then send me an email and i will reply to you with my mobile number and one way or another be able to point you in right direction would but dont want to put my number on here hope this helps
djrock 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

What i did is on saturday i bought the central locking interface and fitted it. I thought i would spend the money and i know its going to work with no problems. But i might have one problem i will have to test it and see if its going to be a problem. What i was thinking say if the car is locked by the key and you go to alarm it could it  blow a fuse?

djrock

cobycass 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
no pal it should just arm the system if door is already locked is it negative or positive locking do you know 
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

The fiestas central locking changes polarity when locked then back when unlocked.

djrock

cobycass 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
think you would be better taking to me on msn then be able to understand each other better  will only be either negative locking or positive locking cant be both do you know what i mean
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

I think it could be negative since if i ground say the yellow wire in the drivers door of the cars central locking the car locks send a ground down the white the car unlocks can remember which way.

Geehawk 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

Did you solve this problem?

I would have thought that if the alarm has an output which is grounded when armed, and your C/locking has a lock and unlock wire both of which are activated when grounded then, all you should need is one 5 pin changeover relay.  Common to ground, open contact to unlock wire, closed contact to locked wire, coil to +12v and your alarms grounded output.

At rest the unlock pin would get grounded and the car unlock, when alarm is activated the lock pin would get switched to ground and the doors lock. Dont know if the relay being energized for the whole time the doors are locked would be a problem or not?????

If you have sorted it, please post your solution as an answer would help out others reading this post.

djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

I solved my problem by buying the central locking interface for the alarm.

Thankyou all for your help!

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic