Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
wire two relays, reverse polarity.  Basically one wire per relay
djrock 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry thats a little over my head. First of all is the central locking single wire? 3 wire negitive?  https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp. I will need help on what relays to buy, how to wire them up, then wire them to the alarm and to the cars central locking.

thankyou

djrock

djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Where about does the central locking relay or what controls the central locking live in the car?
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

when u test the wires a multimeter or test light what do u get 12volts positive or 12v negative

dei user
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure. If i have the positive of my multimeter to the yellow and negitive to the white i think i got +12v if i do it the opposite way i would get -12v i cannot remember which way but all i know for sure is the polarity changes when locking the car.
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure. If i have the positive of my multimeter to the yellow and negitive to the white i think i got +12v if i do it the opposite way i would get -12v i cannot remember which way but all i know for sure is the polarity changes when locking the car.
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

I found out if you touch the white and yellow together for 2 seconds all doors lock touch it again they unlock.

If you send a gound voltage for 2 seconds to the yellow the doors lock if you ground the white for 2 seconds the doors unlock.

So how would you wire the grounded when armed output to the central locking without blowing fuses if someone forgets to turn the alarm off and unlocks the car with the key?

dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
u dont u wire it up to ur lock output wires coming form alarm make sure its on negative that is what the polarity reads on the locks if u say it locks with ground and unlock with ground the nthe polarity is ground read manuel and find two wires of different colors on the brain of the alarm one will  say lock and the other will say  unlock  negative- the wire that says lock connect that to the wire that locks when u hit ground and the unlock with the wire that unlocks when u hit ground but just tap into the wire do not cut i repeat do not cut
dei user
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
it would be a whole lot easier to just use a door lock actuator, just mount the actuator in the door panel, connect it to the lock rod, run 2 wires inside of the car up to a relay like a 451m, and your done.
djrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

The alarm has only one grounded output when armed. I can buy a central locking interface for the alarm but i want to see if i can make one up cheaper.

I think i have sort of got a solution but its putting it in to electronics.

When a ground is detected give power to the first relay for say 3 seconds. Which i would wired the relay to give ground to the yellow wire of the cars central locking this would lock the car. When the grounded when armed voltage is taken away the second relay gets power for 3 seconds which would send a ground voltage to the white wire of the central locking which would unlock the car.

Would this work?? Or would it be less hassle to go out and buy the central locking interface?

djrock

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic