Viper 791XV vs Avital 4400

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jorgefdz 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
hi...
I want to know what alarm is better? Viper 791XV or Avital 4400? I like avital 4400 because it have more functions like (clock, parking time, etc) and its cheaper than Viper 791XV. but i want to know if viper 791XV have more security funtions than avital. or what is the difference?
Thank you.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
They are both made by DEI.  The choice is yours.  Pick the one that fits your needs.
Do it right the first time
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Avital is an AM broadcast unit, poorer range and security page time but loaded with features, Viper is an FM broadcast unit, true Responder, better range and real time security paging.... your choice... we sell both and both are good units in their own way....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jorgefdz 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
yes Kgerry... you are right..
The avital alarma have more features than Viper but if you say that avital works in AM broadcast, then I will buy the Viper because it works in FM that means real time security page.
I saw that the avital have more features and cheaper than viper and i didn't know why.
Thnak you very much raydawg357 and kgerry for the posts.
j.f.l.l.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

actually the broadcast frequency doesnt determine the security paging... the Avital sends and receives and the same frequency... so it pages, then pauses, then receives, then pauses...etc, etc.

the Viper/Clifford/Python Responder units broadcast on one frequency and receive on another, allowing for instant notification on security paging.....

i had the Avital ( Hornet ) unit last year and upgraded to the Clifford 3.5 to gain range and transmission stability... but i do miss the run time clock and multiple timer modes of the Avital

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
same opinion as classic audio get clifford matrix3.5 and add a blackjax4 to it you will have a very  ideal remote start security system and total protection even by hijackers. see when u  get black jax 4 u get a encoded sytem that works through a code u program to it so evbery time u get in car and close all doors and begin driving when car reaches upto 2500 rpms alarm will ask for code if code is not entered alrm will shut vehicle down and alarm will go  off even if u have the keys to attempt to start again  or remote to disactivate alarm will not allow that to happen until code is enetered. have it personally in my vehicle and really works from personal expierence thief did not go passed 2 blocks when my car shut off on him. personal opinion its better than lojack local miami installer
dei user

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic