icon

Resistor wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drpdsonoma 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the type/size of resistor needed to step to like 1.5-5 volts dc from 12-15 volts dc If anyone could provide me with the info i'd greatly appreciate it. You can e-mail me at player182@excite.com
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

if you are drawing low currents, ie reference voltage you could use a voltage divider, ie for 12V supply and 3V output you could use 1:3 resistor ratio ie like 1K, 3K... (1k will have 3V on it, 3K will have 9V on it)

but this is probably not what you want, we really need more information to provide any useful advice.

drpdsonoma 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
The reason i'm asking is so that i can hook up lower voltage leds on a 12 volt source. I wanted to hook up a bunch of leds but i need 2 know how to step down the voltage so they don't burn out.
Mick0005 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

Just to let you all know... I figured it all out- VTEC engages in a B18C integra GSR engine @ 4400 RPM under optimal conditions, in addition the IAB (intake air bypass) valve switches over at 5800 RPM (always) This 2nd process is the more noticable audible and physical alteration that you are all familiar with in VTEC engines.  I simply installed another LED onto the IAB wire (Pink with blue stripe for those who want to do the same thing) and I now have a single red LED when VTEC engages staying on all the way through VTEC and 2 blue LEDs that light when IAB Switches over (at 5800 RPM), which remains on all the way through redline also.... for those wanting to do this, I used 18 gauge wire, 1.5-1.7 Volt LEDs with 20Ma  using a 360 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor-

If you want to use more than one LED like i did...  Just wire them in series... 12volt + to + lead on LED, - lead to LED to + lead of 2nd LED, - lead of 2nd LED to ground...etc...

Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic