From a Man's Stand Point

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Greg S 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
dbdraggirl wrote:

I wish I could find schooling or a "trainer" to hone my skills in the car installation field... I would really like to do that as a job for now until I get out of school...

It's possible to do just not common.  Over 15 years I only had three women work for me and one of them was my girlfriend, she used to take great fun embarassing guys on the street when she took my car out and they would try to bump their system with a girl in the car with them and hers was louder.  Unfortunately some of the not so feminine comments have a little merit as one of the others was a lesbian, great worker but she was more 'one of the boys', her partner was the feminie type.  Last one was one of the best sales people I ever had.  Young guys thought she was cute and if they didn't know what she was talking about would just agree so as not to seem stupid about a guy thing and the female cusotmer loved her as they didn't feel like they were being pressured by a guy.  Only ever had two customers be rude because they were girls and both were pretty quick to get out after I got at them, I don't like rude people and sure as hell won't have my employees put up with them.

OK I'll stop rambling now.:)

Greg Stoddard
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

Six thousand dollars.. what do you have in ur trunk?

Well.......where to start, lol, Kenwood Excelon HU, Zapco SX-SL preamp/processor, Zapco 750 on four Cerwin Vega 12s, Zapco 200 on left side/Zapco 200 on right side.Both running mixed/mono to a set of MB Quart Q-series components in fornt and a set of Q-series midbass in rear........

I think that covers pretty much the most of it, lol, Just the symbalink cables in my truck are close to 300 dollars worth!!

maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

*chuckles*  i have an ITTY BITTY sound system in my 69.  no room up in the front for any speakers what so ever, maybe in teh door panels, with much modifcation.

in the back seat, which is actually just a luggage shelf, i put a 400 watt lightning audio doo-icker amp, with a pair of 8s, along with a pair of stock 6x9s from a mazda something of the other, running off my CD player...

hell, it took about freakin 3 hours to take out the old Mono channel AM radio, cut the hole bigger, custom make a bay, and install my POS Awia cd player in it... and i'm bloody estatic.  haha.

*enjoys being able to have a reasonable conversation without shouting with lady passengers*

i mean... leave shouting for fights, not for cruisin down the strip.

and yes... that POS you saw in my other post DOES have a sound system in it now... i'm waiting for the engine to come back from teh machinists, and i'm slowly doing the bump and grind... systems however, are a love of mine, and so i can honestly say that my project car may not run, but the damn sound system works... if you rig a batter in the engine compartment...

~~Dan

Lansing MI

www.ctdg.org/dan/hobby/carphotopage.html

GalpinAudio 
Copper - Posts: 44
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hey dbdraggirl where do you live?  I've got an trainee/intermediate opening here in So.Cal, I think it would be awsome to have a woman installer in the bay.
Never Let Those Who Say It Cant Be Done Stand In The Way While You Do It!
dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
You guys are awesome, not only was all of this quite an ego boost, but it actually helped my reactions on the street.. now when I pull up to guys who continue to stare I cup my ear like I can't hear them and smile.. I think I am actually agitating them more now lol.. oh well.. I know where my support is!! Hope to see some of you at competitions!!! If all goes like I want it to I will be trying to compete at World Finals Next Year!!!!
Girls can do anything guys can do!!
2~12" Kove Armageddon Z's
US Amps 2000x
US Amps 4300x (mids & highs)
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
2~Kove 5 1/4" KC Components
CompuStar Alarm :o)
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Post us some pics, db.  This has been a fun thread to follow.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
dbdraggirl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
Lol, yeah it has been quite interesting I didn't acutally expect to get such a response.. lol... Pics of what? me or my ride?
US Amps 2000x
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
GalpinAudio 
Copper - Posts: 44
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, post pics... of your ride AND you
Never Let Those Who Say It Cant Be Done Stand In The Way While You Do It!
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Both would be neat, please :D

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
dbdraggirl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

I can probably get pics up this weekend.. of me AND my ride lol..

**What do you do when the old people pull up next to you and just shake their heads and get angry???**

US Amps 2000x
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic