icon

Autopage RS- 650 plus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sefrm0 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
I just purchased this alarm and everything works fine. I have yet to install the door lock/unlock part to it. It says it is dual polarity +/- but am confused if I should use relays. It states it has on board relays. There are three wires from the brain, a green, a red, and a blue. If my vehicle is positive lock/unlock wiring do I need to connect the red to 12v to make the blue and green wires positive or what? Now, if the vehicle wires are negative power, does the red wire need to be connected to 12v too for this. The reason for the other polarity is I might get the same alarm for my wifes car and it is negative and mine is positive. Thank you all for the help.
Gage
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
well why don't you go ahead and tell us the make and model of both the alarm and vehicle as most of us are not too good at mind reading and need to know these things before we tell you what to do
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
sefrm0 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
The one alarm is an Auto Page RS-650 Plus, installed on a 1998 Chevrolet Suburban LS. The soon to be purchased second is an AutoPage RF-315 and is to be installed on a 2003 Buick Century. Thanks for the quick response.
Gage
ka3vvv 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have the same one I use the  green & red. it was posetive out.  I have a 2003 yukon but I use the 456g module for door lock just make sure you don't have use on with the GM.

It away to test it. hook up the system put a test light or prob on those wire in test them. See if it neg pos. I'm looking for the installer manual. Or you can give them a call.

www.autopageusa.com phone # 1-800-262-2527

sefrm0 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for some help ka3wv.
Gage
ka3vvv 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have the manual look like it setup to put out neg 500ma. I just see 2 wire blue & green. They have relays in the digram with the blue & green going to 86 & 85 of the relay which is the coil side of the relays. That the neg side.

You shoud just tag this wire right to your gm unlock in lock.

Check to see if you need a 456g module. Because if you use remote start. You may need a 555l in a 456g  for that 2003 reg.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic