icon

Stopping thieves

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
p0rt21 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
How to stop thieves from pulling fuses out and pulling the alarm out. Any fancy ideas floating about? I've thought about making an aluminium cover for my alarm and installing a backup battery.
Anything else?
Cheers
nguyenk 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
How about a backup battery?
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

you could be a bit more creative with the alarm install.  hide the brain in an unconventional spot.  run the wires high in the dash and loom/tape them.a battery backup is a good idea, but not real effective if its mounted right there with the brain under the dash, and the wiring is obvious on what to cut/rip out.  plus many people install a battery backup the wrong way.  you need to use a (-) parking light trigger or youll kill the battery from it driving the parking lights (+) triggers.

some people prefer to install a silent alarm.  one that pages the owner but the theif sitting in the car has no idea its been triggered.  you could also use a timer relay to trigger a peizo siren in the car about 10-15 sec (or whatever) after the car has been triggered.  that should do a good job getting someone out of the car after they think they have it made.

just think out side the box

MECP certified installer
JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
i honestly don't think its worth the time.  most theives would'nt know how to pull fuses in the first place. just tape the fuses up also if your concerned though.
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
just put a high pitched siren like the ones that come with the vipers since they are very small and esy to hide but hard to find im sure that will give them a run or to be extra security just get a clifford 750 850 or ag5 great alarms you will see for your self at tons of tough security features it carries  personal favorite is ag5 little costy but well worth it assured to be better than lojack
dei user
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
use a factory bmw siren in the cabin .. ive got 12 sirens outside a piezo and the bmw one inside .. tape prep. and loom all your wires run them high and zip-tie them to the alarm brain housing first them to some fact. heavy loom in case they just start pulling on wiresa it wont come unplugged
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
e40water 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Well I can help you guys out wit theives stealing youre car, First common sense, The first thing a theive wants to do is dissconnect youre siren, Just like on all honda's are the top on the list of beening stolen, they just rip youre front grill out pop youre hood from out side of youre car and rips you siren wires Believe me youre honda will be gone outta youre driveway in secs. Takes on a avg for a theive to steal a honda wit alarm in 1 to mins, No hood pins, Damn the theive just got his nice honda wit 17inch rims and kick ass System, well to advoid that from happening spend the extra money on pins it worth it, Even better add lock cable under the hook of the car, This will make the theive not know to waste his time on youre ride, Even I had my 93 5.0L Mustang ripped off about 5 times, Then I findally clued in, The car install person was getting keys cut, cause I was wondering way my igintion wasnt punched the last 2 times, Well I took care of him, He wont be installing car alarms anymore, After I broke both of his arms. :) 
e4
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
battery back up sirens are great. Esspecially under the back bumper or in the rear tire well behind the plastic cover. Even if they rip out your alarm the siren still goes off. Also be creative with brain placement. I always liked the braing in the headliner approach. Or if you wanna be a real p***k then put in two alarms. One in plain site under the dash and the other hide well. Then the thief looks under the dash and sees the alarm, he spends his time pulling that one out and it still doesnt stop the siren. Also fuse the siren lines so if they try to short out your battery back up siren the fuse just blows.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
This is ghetto and very brutal, but I've know people to tape razor blades to the the sides of the fuzes.  As I said it's brutal, but here in the south, people tend to go to the extremes.
Do it right the first time
p0rt21 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks people :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic