icon

stock hu volume high system sounds low

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jussam 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

can't figure out why ,turn radio volume high (to the max) bass is good  everthing else sounds low can some one input on this 

head unit has four door speakersthe  rear speaker are  tap to (loc ) inupt ,output rca to amp

2-alpine amp mrv-f545 4ch amp
polk audio 6 1/2 frontdoor w/alpine center speaker
polk audio 6 1/2 rear w/8"polk sub
2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
well, how many watts is the head unit? how are the speakers? it could be that the bass is just drowning out the other speakers. they disconnecting the subs, and running the radio by itself. is it still low?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
jussam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
well the head unit is factory ford audiophile 6cd ,the speakers  are new pioneer 6x8 60watt.  4 in doors ,when i disconnected the amp and two subs and the connected one sub to factory amp raise volume then it  sounds okay. but i want it to be louder  ,its only when i connect the amp and two subs that the volume seem to be low.
2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
well, there are a few approaches you can take, probably the easiest would be to go out and get a new head unit, with some more power. Or, if you want to leave the dash stock, you can go get a 4 channel amp, and power all your speakers with the amp.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
jussam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

thanks i will go out and get and amp

can i take the  rca output from the main amp and connect to rca input of the second amp to connect door speakers, because  the main amp is using the hu rear speaker wires connected to a (loc) rca input  to main amp

2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, you can daisy chain the amps that way.  When you get the 4 channel amp, though, you may want to rewire the LOC so that you can have fade control.  To do this,  first buy another stereo LOC.  You would connect one LOC to the front speaker outputs to drive the fronts and the subs.  Another LOC would be attached at the rear speaker outputs to drive the rear coaxials.  Then you could fade the rears down.

If you did this, instead of daisy chaining one amp to the other, you would use Y splitters for the fronts (amp A) and subs (amp B).  The rears on the 4 channel (amp A) would have a separate RCA input, (off the OEM rear speaker wires).

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jussam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

ok this is my setup right now

the front door speakers L&R off hu

the rear door speakers L& R off hu

the rear L & R wires are splice to a (LOC) to feed signal to amp inputs

i was told the the speakers could not be run with (amp A) because subs are (LOW) & the speakers are (HIGH) SOMETHING LIKE THATstock hu volume high system sounds low -- posted image.

Pioneer TS-D680R

i will try to connect a loc on the front speakers an feed all doors that way unless there is a bettr solution but stevdart i will try both your option to which is the easy for me to run

thanks  everyone

2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

A four channel amp will have a crossover for each end, front and back.  Since this will feed the speakers, both crossovers would be set on "high".  The other amp will power the subs, so the crossover on it will be set on "low".  These amp settings have nothing to do with the LOC inputs.  With the LOC's, you are feeding a full signal to each amp, then going through the crossovers before going to the speakers. 

I think the ability to fade down the rears is important, as the main and most powerful sounds will be the fronts and the subs.  The way I outlined above, you would need a pair of short RCA's, 6" to 1 foot, to extend the Y splitters to the sub amp.

The other way is to feed the 4 channel off the fronts, and the sub amp off the rears.  The fader would then fade out the subs and the four coaxials would all play at the same volume.  I would opt to fade out the rears instead of the subs.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jussam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

your idea of fading the rear is the way to go

ok stevdart

what type of amp do you recommend for these speakers

thanks so much cost

no issue sound is important

2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
stevdart 
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

Choose a 4 X 50 watt RMS amp for those coaxials, just pick a mid-line, mid-priced amp that is not on the DO NOT BUY list...those brands are announced frequently on this forum and others.  Get one that has value for your dollar, such as this USacoustics USG4080.  No need for a high-end amp for those coaxials, and 50 watts each is plenty for them.

stock hu volume high system sounds low -- posted image.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic