Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

chump? ok

Best Buy Installer
LeanNCut 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, still no resolution posted on here or f150online.com..
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
This is getting exciting!
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
f150hiram 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Still nothing, my poor truck!
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
so, what else have the technician tried?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Did the technician give you any indication that they knew about the remote start installation attempt. They can usually get some pretty good info from the truck's computer logs.
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
this is about stealing the cars with pats i know on the original PATS expedition,tarus,nav,etc you could just unplug the module under the steering colum (4 pin) and they would start thats what we did until the vehicle battery died on a navigator and all keys weere lost and the vehicle had to be reprogrammed after the pats was reconnected, this was before anyone had any real bypasses for transponders late 96
tj
Steve #1 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
tjdurham, a few flaws in what you have posted.
PATS doesn't prevent the vehicle from starting, it allows the vehicle to start. Unplugging the PATS module will prevent the cluster from receiving a transponder code and the vehicle will not start.
Not sure what the vehicle's battery dieing has to do with it either as the transponder codes are stored in non volatile memory.
Also must have been one special Navigator to have had it in late 96 since Lincoln didn't release the Navigator until late 97 as a '98 model.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Steve, I have also heard that unplugging the PATS module will allow the vehicle to start. One of my coworkers used to work at a shop that would do that when PATS first came out.
I have a feeling tjdurham is referring to the 96 Taurus. The PATS module was located right behind the radio. You could actually reach up from under the dash and unplug it.
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

i am refering to most of the original PATS vehicles the plug in reference is the 4 pin at the steering colum on all PATS vehicles i have only done that a few times back in 96-97 until better tech references came out steve w i have forgotten more tham you probally will ever learn been installin as a pro since 91 so thanks for input but the car in orig reference was in fact 96 taurus\sable as knoledgeable worm easily figured out and if you unplug the connector it willlll start but read the 1st post as to what can happen if your battery drains

tj
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic