Power Lock Actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jefro 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone has the answer to a problem I am having.  I bought a remote power door lock system years ago for my car.  The actuators have 5 wires.  I believe this is because they need the extra wires to sense the manual unlocking and locking of a door.  When one door is unlocked/locked manually the other door follows.

Recently I bought an alarm system for the same car.  I am installing the system soon and I want the alarm system to control the power door locks.  My question is...can 5 wire door lock actuators be used as 2 wire actuators or do I need to junk the remote door lock system and buy new 2 wire actuators.  I know they aren't expensive but why waste ANY money if I don't have to.  I thought maybe by only using some of the 5 wires or by soldering a few together, a 5 wire actuator can become a 2 wire actuator.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

zxhwk 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yes they can be the extra wires are for just as you thought for sencing the movement of the micro switch that is built in the actuator itself. only 2 manfactors that I know of that make this kind of kit (audiovox, harada) very good system it is called a central locling system.
Hope this helps
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
yah just use the blue and the green wires off the actuator.  and all will be goodPower Lock Actuators -- posted image.
jefro 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent.  Thanks.  I'll give it a try.
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Jefro, how did the install go? I had this same question when I installed the same type of system on my 99 Nissan Frontier. My parents bought the actuator kit for me for Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were a 5 wire system. I had never seen an after market set like this. They are made by TESOR, another manufacturer of the 5 wire system. Once you get the actuator system install they will work independantly of the keyless entry system. The Actuator system will have the standard two wires coming out of its own relay pack all ready to hook up to the KE system.
werd
jefro 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't done the install yet.  I am building (modifying) the car from practically the ground up and it will be a while before I am ready to install the alarm system.   Hopefully, the system will work with the actuators I already have.  I will do as Larkster mentioned and try just using the blue and green wires.

I will post again when it is installed and give an update.

Jefro

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic