icon

house speakers in car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
Mind if I ask what hu you are running? As stevdart said, it's suprising that you can get that much volume from a 12 ohm load. But if they are wired in series, the only thing I could think of that would cause any harm would be if the speakers were underpowered to where you would turn it up into clipping, but it doesn't sound like you have an underpowering problem at all. So like I said earlier, if it sounds good, go for it. Stick with this forum. I couldn't begin to list what I have learned in the short time I've been on it.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
nychris2004 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

my head unit is a JVC KDG30, it seems cheap but i think this is one of the better  low-priced head units ive bought..it cost $140 with taxes, and it plays mp3's. (the main reason i got it). it just only has one set of pre-outs, but i only need it for my amp. yea chevyman ur right, i have learned alot, i never knew about ohms or anything, i just now found out why all my old amps kept cutting off when i turned them up, because i always bridged my speakers all the time lol i never knew that i couldnt do that because the ohm load would be too low, i had a nice little sony amp, worked perfect til i turned it up then it would cut off, then i found out if i rewired the speakers i could run it for hours straight and the thing about it was that i thought by unbridging the wires i wouldnt get as much power, but all i had to do was turn the gain up a little and they were even louder without overheating the amp, but hey

IM NOT THE TYPE TO READ INSTRUCTIONS, BUT 2 BLOWN AMPS WERE ENOUGH FOR ME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic