the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best 5 1/4's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine SPX-Z15M  $5000 a pair, , never lost a high end speaker shoot out yet.....lol hey, you asked for the best. . ..You just can't blow the scanspeak home tweeters, unless you like clipping.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
there 600 dollars each.
I guess that guy has subs.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
hey is this good for what im looking for? https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=35112&PN=1
hhgregg 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
well man if you live near an hh gregg or not look for infinity the are one of the top speakers i think ..And they also have a 4 channel amp that blows any 4 channel i have ever hear out of the water..and curcuit city has them they are 269.99.... so good luck
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

I use Planet Audio 5 1/4's in my dash with 6.5's in the rear crossed over at amp and head unit and I can clearly crank them up way louder than you can listen too, safely. I have found that the foam speaker baffles do a good job of isolating the mids and highs from the sub bass to get you louder with less distortion. Even with a hole or 2 cut in them.

When you say you are running 10" L7's, do you mean Kicker L7's or JL 7's? I used to have a pair of Kicker L7's hooked to my 1200.1 and they sounded excellent! Have never been blessed with hearing 2 jl7's poundin' at the same time.......That would sound incredible. I am thinking about swapping out my 8000 series MTX's for the new 9500 series monsters. That will be the SH*T!

boom, boom, boom boom....
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
LoL yea I have the same setup you did. I have a pair of 2004 L7's powered by a kicker 1200.1 amp. They Go crazy with low frequency's but not very good with the higher frequency's. Looking to hook an amp to my interior speakers so thats why i would like to have 400rms total. I don't want anything less then 200 but nothing more then 400Rms for the interior. Just wishing to find some idea's cause i kno 5 1/4's suck nowadays. I really don't want to cut a  61/2 hole but i guess if worst come to worst. Do they make any 5 1/4 to 6 1/2 brackets/converters?
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of car or truck do you have? You also could always make the adapters yourself.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Best   5 1/4's - Page 2 -- posted image.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
92 jeep cherokee laredo
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, those aren't that hard to do. A friend of mine has 90 limited model and I converted his to 6.5 pretty easy. I just used the existing holes in the door panel and took off the speaker cover. I made an oversize (about 8 inches in diameter- used 1/8th inch thick fiberboard) ring out of MDF covered it with vinyl the same color as his interior and screwed it to the door panel using the factory holes. Then made a 3/4 inch spacer (also covered in vinyl) and screwed the speaker to that and he was happy with it.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Best   5 1/4's - Page 2 -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

In my opinion, there is NO SUCH THING as "the best speaker."  Terms like "best" are entirely too subjective, especially in audio.  There are many recomendations we can give based on our personal experiences and likes/dislikes, but as several people have already said, the absolute ONLY smart way to buy audio equipment, especially speakers, is to LISTEN to them.  How they sound to your ears is all that matters if they are going into your car or home or boat or headphones or tricycle.

Also there is nothing wrong with using 5.25" speakers.  Sure, they don't usually have as much bass response (in general) as 6.5" speakers, but (he says again) if YOU LIKE how they sound, then that's all that matters.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic