Code Alarm CSI 400, 2003 Honda Civic LX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cobelli 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I just installed a Code alarm CSI 400 in my 2003 civic lx. This system is only temporary so I am trying to make as few connections as possible. I have all the power and ignition wires connected properly, as well as the power lock wires, brake pedal and light wires. The only things I have left our are optional items (Defroster, trunk release, parking brake for turbo) and TAC because I plan on running it tachless. I finished the install and keyless entry works great, but not much else. I simply cannot enter programming mode (I click the button three times and nothing happens) and when I try and remote start the parking lights blink 7 times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cobelli
cobelli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I just checked my notes so here is specifically what is conencted and what's not:
6 pin power harness
---------------------
Battery 1 - 12v constant
Battery 2 - 12v constant
Starter Output - Starter wire
Ignition 1 Output - Ignition 1 wire
Accessory 1 Output - Accessory 1 wire
Selectable Second Output - Accessory 2 wire
12 pin input / output harness
-----------------------------
Chasis ground - Ground
Control safety switch - Ground
Hood pin switch - Not ground (not connected)
Brake safety switch - Brake pedal switch
Parking light feed/output - Parking light switch/Ground
Factory Alarm Bypass - NOT CONNECTED
Vehicle Tach Signal - NOT CONNECTED
Diesal wait-to-start - NOT CONNECTED
Active Output - Immobilizer bypass system
Parking Brake Input - NOT CONNECTED
Rear Defrost Output - NOT CONNECTED
Trunk Release - NOT CONNECTED
4 pin auxilary output harness
-----------------------------
Pulse before start - NOT CONNECTED
Pulse after start - NOT CONNECTED
Pulse after shutdown - NOT CONNECTED
Pulse during crank - NOT CONNECTED
2 pin door lock / unlock harness
--------------------------------
Lock output - Lock switch
Unlock output - Unlock switch
Program switch and antenna are connected
CSI 400 manual: http://www.codl.com/manuals/installation/CSI-400_IM.pdf
As you can see I've connected what seem to be the vital wires and I have retested all of these to make sure they are correct. I've Hardwired all the switching wires to eliminate them as the problem (I'm unsure about the hood pin. From what I can tell it is ground when depressed, so i have it not connected to anything. Is this correct?) Once again, please lend me some of your expertice.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
why is it only a temp install, hook it all up. anywho. program mode on code is trun IGN on, press valet button 3 times, turn key off "quickley", press valet 2 times. your in. if aloowed more then 10-15 sec in between programing u will leave programing mode.
set it for tackless for it to RS if not set to this it wont start.
Fyrhwk1 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

The parking light blinking 7 times means it hasn't ;earned tach and it exited tach learn mode, you have to first program the unit out of tach mode. It's still trying to sense a tach signal, as to how to program it out of tach I really can't remember, but I do remember not having very good luck at getting it to work properly. None of your connections seem to be wrong though, assuming you are connected to all of the right wires, it's definitly a programming issue. Try contacting code, they might be able to walk you through the programming over the phone.

cobelli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
The manual says the lights should blink after i turn ign on and press valet 3 times. Doesn't happen. Then after turning off and pressing valet two more times then pressing the * button its supposed to blink a number of times corresponding to which setting its on. Also doesn't happen. I know the lights are hooked up correctly because they blink with keyless entry. And without this I can't setup tacless. Any other ideas?
Thanks again,
Cobelli
cobelli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks hawk,
I tried calling code today but they're off for the 4th. I'll ty hooking up the tac tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks for the info.
Cobelli
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
can u get into programing the remotes? i read the manural nothing about the led blinking except on the remote programing------strange.
cobelli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Can't do that either.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
well i read the owners manural. what a joke that is. is it only 4 pages long. i was thinking maybe the valet switch was bad. see if u can arm it open the door with out the remote and using the valet button to turn it off. anywho pull the switch out put a meter to it to see if the switch is good. also check to see may damge the pins inside the alarm.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
well i see now its not an alarm system, so seeing going into valet mode wont work. but tese the button out.
u said this is only a temp system, why is that, after all of this i dont blame ya Code Alarm CSI 400, 2003 Honda Civic LX -- posted image.
are you planing on putting somethng eles in.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic