< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
Dynamat it.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
I boutght some of the Mcmaster sheets and can tell you it doesn't stick to the curves very well at all. I haven't tried the spray glue like steve did. As of now I'm just using it on the flat surfaces. I haven't noticed any smell from it in or out of the car. Not even when I heated it up with the heat gun. It's not very pliable either. It is cheap though...
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
T.Hill, I believe you're the one I got the info from back in about April about McMaster.  It worked well for me, and I then justified my purchase of a mono amp with the money I saved on the damping.  Thanks!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
I got some second skin stuff for my doors and it works GREAT.  It's called STFU-80, and it doesn't smell AT ALL.  Price is a bit steep though, I got some for a discounted price and it still cost me. 40 sqft for 160$, but it rocks.  Sticks great too.  I live in new mexico so it's stupid hot right now and like I said no smell.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
I think that was me that told you about this stuff. I had only worked with it a little bit then , but now that I have worked with it more it has it's pros and cons. I'll try the spray glue trick next time I use the stuff. I am also curious about the liquid vibration control that comes in the bucket which is on the same page at Mcmaster. It seams like it would have some good uses. later....
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
chan4202 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I have decided to use fatmat and my only questions are, how much should i need to cover everything, not the roof, unless I really need to? Is one layer going to be okay or should I do two? What type of square feet for a suburban?
Chandler Martin
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

It goes much faster than I anticipated.  I ripped through a 36ft^2 bulk pack of dynamat xtreme and was only able to finish the front doors and under the rear seat.  I doubled up in places when doing the front doors if the spot still made a hollow sound when tapped.  I also matted the inside of the outer door skin. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic