icon

Alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

Now I've got a little situation for you guys. Where can i get high pro alternator to install? Could i get another alternator and run them both to the battery so i wouldn't ruin my alter or battery? I couldn't find a high pro alter for under 150. how much do they run for? if its easy i woudl just go out an buy a little alternator and run it to the battery. Im up for all idea's. If you would like to chat about this..You can IM me at Lolzitsmtss on AIM. I'm always available.

Thanx for your help

I guess that guy has subs.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
check out stingers alternator, I'm gona get one as soon as I get the cash up for it. Its a lil pricy but its top of the line and has a 150amp rating. You can get a dual alternator kit but they only make them for SUV's but if your like me that would only make it more fun to make one for your ride though its not always practical as you can overload the system and burn stuff up.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
"as you can overload the system and burn stuff up." how so?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
You will never overload a system running to altenators if the system is set up properly. If you were saying that you cant find a high output altenator for under 150 dollars than I got news for ya. Thats not a bad price. If you are saying that you cant find anything bigger then 150 amps than you have to start looking at the car and the engine and see if th car can properly turn a larger altenator.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
i think it would be cheaper to run two normal alternators then buying a high pro one. I do have an SUV.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

check out www.mechman.com  they have the cheepest prices on there alts iv seen so far, and they have great reviews.   Plus they "hot" rate there alts, , so if you ask for a 150 amp alt, , they send you one that puts out 150 amps when its hot, , and like 180 when its cold...its more pratical.

They start at $300 or so for a 150 amper i believe, , , , they have a 280 amp "hot" alt that im gona pick up for $600, , i originally purchased a mean green, , but i returned it.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
Where do u get an alternator installed? Whats it run.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know how to run dual alt's?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic