icon

Viper 350HV hood pinswitch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csx929 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I've had the alarm in for a few weeks, and it was working fine. This morning, the alarm started having all kinds of false alarms, and was giving me the beep that signals that a zone is open. The door pinswitches are fine, so all that was left the hood pinswitch. The switch was due up for replacement anyway, but when I finally did, it doesn't work. I traced the wire from the brain to the switch, it's all intact. However, it won't set off the alarm when triggered, nor will the brain even acknowledge that it's there (it doesn't give me the "open zone" beep when I arm the alarm with the hood open.) Any ideas as to what may be wrong? Everything else in the alarm functions perfectly.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
what about the trunk switch. Are the trunk & hood on the same input. If they are maybe a bad diode.
csx929 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
There is no trunk switch...i'm waiting until I order a motor so I can do my trunk release and pinswitch at the same time....
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe try another switch. Put a meter to the switch and ground see if you get countiunty. Depending on your car you trunk switch may be right in the kick panel. since you got your car apart (im guessing, since trying to figure out the hood switch) be less work in the future\.
csx929 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe I didn't make myself quite too clear...

The car in question is a '65 mustang, so there's no trunk switch/release in any way, so it doesn't pertain to my situation at all....what i'm trying to figure out is why the alarm isn't reading my hood pinswitch, the one that is mounted in the engine bay so that it detects when the hood is open, and will set the alarm off if it is opened while armed....

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
since the 2nd switch aint working, maybe the first one was good and the problem lies in the brain.
csx929 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I take it there's no way in determing if the brain is at fault though....it's not like they're cheap....Viper 350HV hood pinswitch -- posted image.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure on that, i would like to know. Did you install the alarm or had a shop do it. If a shop did it take it back, in not call the company back up and se what they will do. i seen severl places that they put a year waranty on it. If comes down to it well you can send it back for waht ever reason and dont want to buy a new one, use your door trigger or something.
Hope some one will post soon how to test the alarm see if it bad or not.
csx929 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Did the install myself....
csx929 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well I metered the wire, and it gives me 12 volts constantly, doesn't change when I arm or diarm the alarm...is that what a a hood/trunk sensor wire is supposed to put out? I lost my installation manual, so I can't reference it...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic