icon

Using two head units

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
that used to be common (well kind of) but it's been a long time since I have seen it done
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
y dont u tell this guy to sell both of them and get him a nicer screen that has the same features of the cd player... i mean most screens are as good if not better for cds than a reg cd player.... wouldnt it be less of a hassle?? tell him youd have to charge him more for the install of both.....or something...or depending on there value let him trade them to ur shop for a better screen... ( i dont know how ur shop work obviously)
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
flat's right, get one of those indash DVD flip screen CD/DVD players that are so popular now days. No sence in cluttering up a dash with a bunch of unnessisary equipment.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
jugga-nemo 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
I like the visor idea. Place them on the "back" side so that when teh visors are flipped down, the screens are then visible. That's what I've wanted to do once I get to that point in my car. And along with that, you can obtain screens with the headrest bracket that allows you to remove the screen from the bracket (and the car) to better protect against theft.
5.25" Components & 5x7 Coax Kappas w/Power Acoustik OV4-800
KAC 7252 powering 2 D3 8" Diamonds
KDC-MP728, KGC-4042A
insanity 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

ummm... to sweeks,

sorry if you took offence to that but... come on... if you from yard... u kno its tru!!  maybe you been kinda americanized like shabba or shaggy... i dunno.. just today i had a jamaican come to my shop wanting a factory ford radio installed in a toyota... i was only 2 happy to accomodate cuz it made me $50 c.i. which is about 65 usd. and took all of 15 minutes!! fact is fact... 100% of jamaicans in the cayman islands that are into car audio are straight ghetto!!!.. more tweeters installed in car than most shops carry in stock!!.. 16 guage wire for amp power is another good one.. get that all the time!!... to those of you who are thinkin im prejudice... i am white but great grandfather was jamaican... grandfather was cuban and my g/f is mixed so its nuthin personal... dems jus da facts!!! saw a posting of pics of disaster installs recently... see cars like that on a daily basis!!!.. man from yard is not 2 be outdone!!!.. look at nitetrax!!.. sweeks knows all about that one if he from yard!!!

Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Insanity,
I thought about it for a second after I read that post again. So although it bothered me. I will admit to having relatives who have done that. As a matter of fact, I have a cousin living in kingston (where I'm originally from) who has a Peugot with a cd player from a 96 320i.    
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Using two head units - Page 2 -- posted image.
insanity 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
sweeks... nothin personal... just commenting on what i see... somma mi bes bredren dem a from yard zeeen....  guys... check out cmttrading.com  .... they got some nice prices on screens!!! have visors with screens already mounted in them... thats all i have to say about that!!
weatherly 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Couldn't you just wire the screen to the car like you would with any HU, and plug the CD player into the screens aux. input? I don't know if they could both share the same constant and switched 12v inputs though, but they would be able to share the same ground I think.
Success Follows Struggle
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic