icon

Remove My 2001 Elantra GT Factory Installed Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sync 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2001 hyundai elantra GT with the factory installed keyless entry alarm. I don't like the fact that it dosen't chirp when lock/unlock. I would also like to have a remote start and trunk unlock. I would like to install a different alarm system and remove this factory installed one. does anyone know where it is located and can't I just cut it out and connect a different alarm.

I have read on this forum people just adding a remote start to the factory alarm that's why I am thinking the factory installed alarm cannot be cut out.

Thanks for you help !

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
when you install an aftermarket alarm, dont touch the factory, just work with /around it. You can disarm it when disarming the aftermarket, and arm when you re-arm.   then you have two security systems, more remotes, and no headaches
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
My info doesn't show the 2001 Elantra as coming with an alarm. Are you sure its not just a keyless entry system? Test it by doing the following: Close all doors and sit in car, 'arm' the alarm with the remote, wait about a minute and open the door from the inside...if the horn starts beeping you have an alarm. If nothing happens, you only have keyless entry.
In general, recent Hyundai alarms only arm and disarm from the factory remote. If you do have one, you wouldn't need to remove it, you would just stop using it.
Another thing that is possible is that you might have an aftermarket alarm that was installed at the dealership. That's a whole different story. Is there an l.e.d. that blinks anywhere when you arm it?
sync 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

this car is the elantra GT not the GLS. The GT version is a sporty hatchback it comes with alot of up grades leather,sunroof,keyless/alarm ....

the remote has Hyundai printed on it. I don't have any led lit when alarm is set.

I found a really good site for info on hyundai here is the link:

http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/

if you go there enter the car you want: elantra    2001  D2.0L4 cyl (engine)

select the tab "shop" then select   "body electrical"  then select "electronic time& alarm"  then select  "circuit diagram"

It shows the wiring of the ETACS  with the alarm wiring.

do I just cut the wires to the ETACS A14 and A20 and connect my after market alarm there to control the door locks ?

There is also C12 (burglar alarm relay)  I am not sure what to do with that.

I guess I should cut the wire to C5 (siren) and connect my after market siren output to that.

Thanks for your help

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't try to integrate any of your new alarm into the existing system. The new unit you are installing should be completely self-supporting with all parts that you would need. As the others have stated, you should either use the dis-arm and re-arm outputs from your new alarm to make the 2 systems work together or check to see if the factory unit is passively armed with the door locks. If it only arms by remote then simply discontinue using it. But most likely it will arm when the vehicle is locked and you'll need to disarm it with new system. Cutting certain wires in the existing system will probably give you headaches you just don't need.
Look at the F150 in the forum that had to have his truck towed to the dealer because he tried to permantly disable a system that never needed to be. Aftermarket alarms can easily integrate with existing systems. Do it the right way and save yourself some money. Good luck with your install.
sync 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

OK, so you say don't cut wires to the factory alarm. and just install a separate alarm in parallel. But can I still just connect the new alarm "doors lock output" to the relay lock pin A14  and relay unlock pin A20 of the etacs

sorry the picture quality is not to good , I had to reduce it to make the 30k limit.

"2001" Elantra factory installed alarm wiring

Remove My 2001 Elantra GT Factory Installed Alarm -- posted image. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic