icon

New Amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pacojoebob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering if it would be worth it to get a new amp for my speakers in my truck.

I've got Infinity 6x8 compents up front 90rms and Infinity Kappa Coaxials in the back 6x8 100rms, and right now I've got an amp that puts out about 50x4 rms and i was wondering if i get a bigger amp like 75x4, if it would make them much louder??? I've got subs in back for the bass so I don't usallay have much bass coming from them anyways.

galen_s 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

If you do get a new amp, think you'll be selling the one you have? What amp is it?

eurotech 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  

buying a new amp will probably not make much of a difference.  I base this comment on the assumption that the amp that you have is a good quality amp that is performing at the 50 watts rms like you claim.  If the amp that is pushing your mids is...hmmm...lets say purchased at a local conveinience store or "market" you may want to consider replacing it....in other words, you get what you pay for.

robb420in323 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

An new  HQ Poweramplifier will not only make those infinity's louder but Clearer.

Hunter S. Thompson for sheriff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic