icon

dual component systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laitnj69 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  

can two 4ohm component systems (Infinity Kappa 60.5cs) be wired to pull a 2ohm load. will SQ be lost? will other two cahnnels of amp (Audiobahn 1504DP) be affected?

ClarionDXZ945MP
Infinity Kappa 63.5i, 693.5i, 60.5cs
Audiobahn A752DP, A1504DP
eurotech 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
well, yes, your 2 sets of kappas can be wired to your amp to pull a 2 ohm load.  just wire the crossovers in parallel and wire it in stereo at the amp.  I am not real firmilliar with that specific amp, but if it can handle two ohms stereo, then I would say go for it.  It shouldent effect the other channels and you will get twice the amount of power to your mids.
laitnj69 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  
how would i wire the two systems parallel?
ClarionDXZ945MP
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Will your SQ suffer?  Yes.  Whay do you think you want to run two sets of components in parallel?  Is this some sort of new trend?  It is really dumb if the only reason is to "get more watts" out of the amp!!  But hey, if all you want is loud then by all means go for it.
Support the12volt.com
laitnj69 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
did i say anything about wiring 2 set of components to "get more watts," no!! i dont want to lose sound quality but if i could wire them in parallel and keep the sound quality i would do it. i can see why u have 2,330 posts, because if i was not thinking before i posted anything and just posting a bunch of sh*t i would have alot more posts myself. and besides, sometimes u never know if there is a "hole" in your system untill you fill it!
ClarionDXZ945MP
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, I'm not sure.  Have I just been slammed?  :)  Sorry if I offended you, but "getting more watts" is the common reason why newbies and beginners think wiring two sets of main speakers is a good idea, since it results in a net 2-ohm load on the amp.  But back to your original question, don't do it if you are interested in SQ.  You will not be filling any "holes" you will be stressing your amp and generating noise, heat and distortion.  Spend the money on a better component set or a better amplifier and wire at 4-ohms.
Support the12volt.com
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
wow...this is a 1st someones tryin 2 tell off dyohn....dual component systems -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic