icon

Any way to stop bass from speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nychris2004 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

ok one of my front factory speakers is real messed up and when i have the bass up (HU bass) it sounds terrible..but the back speakers sound good with the bass up, but i dont like just fading it to the back. now is there any way to like destroy the cone or something or mess up the wires , so i only get noise from the tweeters and no bass at all until i can afford new speakers? i know i can turn the bass down or fade it all the way to the back but i dont want to so is there anyway to disable the bass so i only get highs?...WITHOUT AN AMP?

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, with bass blockers, wired inline with the speaker.  They are not going to stop that weathered and beat old paper cone from moving, though.  But think of it this way, you are talking about factory speakers.  It is easier and makes more sense to just replace the speaker.  You can buy a new factory speaker for 8 dollars, or a better thing to do is go to a salvage yard and get a couple for a dollar.  You might even get them for free, its not like there's a market for them.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
nychris2004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
well even when i get new ones how would i go about blocking the bass from both my speakers so i can have it all the way up, because when i have them all the way up and the bass turned all the way down its crystal clear, so what are these "bass blockers"?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
"Bass Blockers" are passive high-pass c rossovers
Support the12volt.com
nychris2004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
can i get crossovers at like an autozone or radioshack?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

nychris2004 wrote:
can i get crossovers at like an autozone or radioshack?

No.  You'll want to go to a car audio shop... or at least a place that sells decent car audio equipment.

Support the12volt.com
nychris2004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
cuz ill probably d othat tomorrow..so ask for a passive high-pass crossover, or actually ask for a bass blocker?
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
you can also wire in series a 1000Mph capaciter and it should have enough rolloff to tone the lowpass down...in theory
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
correct me if im wrong..dont wanna be passing some bum scoop
nychris2004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
hey Dyohn how quick does that website deliver, and can i trust them with my credit card?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic