Who’s Who?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
specialauto 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
haha this is fun...
hey i'm joey from canada... i just started out, i am a student working at Canadian auto sound..
ever since i was small i loved music, when my dad had a blau in his car he'd blast it and i would dance to the tunes,
of coruse they were like Ac/Dc and Led Zepplin, but still i loved it. And then cars, for a number of years i've been drving and i guess that if you put Blasted the Radio and Cars together.. u  get Car Auto.. and that right now its my Passion .. i love it... if anyone is from canada, on give me a shout... well talk.. well thats me///
peaceee
Canadian Auto Sound
Starting Installer
torkey 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

Hey lets hear it now for an aussie hey mates...

As u can guess i'm from Australia...Perth, Western Australia...i've got 6 yrs experience as a profeesional installer doing audio right thru to alarms and yes OMG I can do Remote Starters too! only kidding...no really i can ..

Been a hobby of mine electronics and stuff and well after doing electrical engineering at TAFE thats like a college to u guys looked for work and ended up being an installer...hmm don't know what keeps me in this job but all i can say is that its a passion i think...knowing that u achieved some victory and glory when u make something just work...its not egotistic just means your'e damn good!! hahahaha gotta have a sense of humour...geeze u need it in the car audio industry! well thats about it...and Yes down under we do have a Passion for cars too..

Yes we aussies know a thing or two about 12 volts..
Yacht2cool 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'm Scott. I'm 18 years old and started to seek interest in car audio when I was 15. I had a friend to 3 Mtx 10's in his Blazer and from the moment I heard the bass, I was hooked. So I am a realy DIY kind of guy and have learned most of everything I know by reading on the Internet and trying it out. I aslo worked as a Sales guy at Circuit City for a year and learned a lot from a couple of the installers. I got a stock 98 S-10 right before I turned 17 and had no knowledge of anything car related. Since then, I had gone from lowering it, to fulling bagging the front and rear. So I think this site is great. I learned everything I know about remote start systems from reading on this site, and ended up doing it myself on my truck. I still have a lot to learn and I continue to look for info on the 12volt.com. I am currently going to school for a degree in Computer Engineering Technology at Arizona State University, and a friend and I currently own a car audio business. We mostly stick to online sales, but we do occasional installs. It's kind of tough to do installs without having a shop, and so we do most of our installs at my house. This company really isn't much, but it's my passion and it's fun and I make a little bit of cash to be happy with. Life's short, you gotta have fun while you can and I think everyone on this site can agree that car audio is a great opportunity to have fun and even make a career out of something your passionate about. Keep on keepin' on everybody!!!!
Loud_jetta 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2005 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone. My name's Ken, coming to you from Sisters, Oregon (pop. 1480).  I've been into car audio since '98 when I was 16. I had an 86 Subaru Hatch...First was a Pioneer bass tube running off a Blau deck.I built that up to 4 Thunder 7000 10's ported in the back. 150 dB and one bleeding ear later I earned Hon. Mention in a local comp.  Been hooked since.  I got my degree in electronics theory (co majored diesel mechanics) in the Air Force when I was 19, did my time, and stayed in Las Vegas.  Started working at Best Buy as Car Audio Sales, then moved to the Install Bay.  They offered to pay the test fee for an MECP cert. so I jumped on it.  Tested, passed, then grew tired of the corporate scene, so I quit and moved back up to OR.  Got myself the Jetta and headed straight for the 'buy one get one free sale' at my stereo hangout.  I build all my own boxes and have yet to let someone install something besides tires on my car.  My wife tolerates (and regulates) my passion for the sport, so we both stay happy.  I've claimed one trophy so far (third) in the IASCA lanes for getting 154.4 dB.  So here's my little 'hallo' ... I'll be back soon prob.

PS- How long does the FNG status stick?

'95 Jetta GL= $2800
2-12" MTX 6000s, Kole 980 2ch, Audiobahn Line Drive/EQ, Panasonic 100x4 Class A, Sony CDX 4750= $480
154.4 dB (IASCA) for less than 5 bills= PRICELESS
(160 dB port wars)
fastone 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new here so I guess I'll give ya'll a little background on me. I've always loved good quality sound systems. My first car stereo was a Craig Powerplay with a built in WHOPPING 25 AMPS! Man, I thought I really had an awesome system back then, and at that time it sounded pretty good. Boy things have change alot since then. Currently my best system is my home theater system, a Sony 600W, not overwhelming but it sounds pretty good. I'm not a professional installer. I am an I & E technician in an industrial manufacturing facility ( that's Instrument & Electrical). I''ve been doing that for about 20 yrs. now. I've studied electronics in college and some OJT. I should have had an AAS but I got lazy after I finished the electronics and I already had the type of job that it would qualify me for. Marriage and kids slowed down my hot rodding and audio experiments but I'm getting back into a little of both now. I can see there is alot of good knowledge available here and I will be definitely be using it often. I am going to start a side business installing audio, video, and security and so forth. I might have to fall back to it full time someday. You never know when a large corp. will decide to just cut you loose.

shoes 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

Pretty new here.... I've read alot, just don't post often. Strarted doing my own thing with car audio in HS, went to a local shop about 3 years doing the same ol slam installs (deck speakers) and didn't get paid jack. Quit there to find a better job and now I just do it for fun on the side. In the proccess of building a 80 malibu wagon w/ all old equipment. Old RF amps (2 200ix, 1 4080ix 2 60ix's) old EPX 2, old 8175 clarion deck, RF Fanatic Q 5 1/4" comp set in qform kicks (hey they were cheap ....$25). 2 - 5 1/4 rf punch (old) in each door.... 2 Soundstream SPL 10's in BP box. Excalibur alarm etc. Should be ok..... got out of the SPL thing after actually seeing some of the "modern" spl vehicle's that have 2 subs doing 160 and stuff that sound like dog doodie. I did my festiva (myself) with 8 Soundstream spl 15's with 2-200ix's in 1995 that would do 154 (legal) on flashdance. It sounded good and looked good. Oh well....

Why would anyone put 8-15's in a Festiva? (154db) I did!
How many day till we go to Walt Disney World?
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone, I've been selling and installing car audio since 1973 ( think Craig Powerplay and Jensen Coaxials ) and have had between 1 and 3 shops in Central California since 1982. Stumbled on this this sight on a recommendation of a customer and have been bailed of tough install situations by you guys more than once. Because of this I'm going to try to give back to the sight and try to answer questions a couple of times a week. I've been an Alpine dealer since 1983 and can address a lot of old school questions about older cars and older equipment. Thanks for starting this sight...Bob

If the racecar ( spell it backwards ) looks slow, it probably is.......

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, my name is Nik and I'm an audioholic. I live in Alabama. My strongest skills are in fabrication. I love to play with fiberglass. Sometimes I just strip naked and roll around in it. This is without a doubt the best website ever. There is no comparable database of car audio / security / video / interior anywhere. I is great to have some of the brightest minds in the industry at the other end of a keyboard.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
diamondprobe18 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
umm im David Browning been installing audio for friend and myself for about 3 years now and i am 18 i wanna learn so much more about the audio side of things and i want to know what kinda CERTs i can get for car audio.
89 Probe Gt Turbo
1 Diamond 15 CM3
1 Diamond 600.2 D5
Plans...
2 Diamond 10 CM3
1 1200.1 Diamond D5
4 Diamond 6.5 coaxial
1 300.4 Diamond D5
audioadam86 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, my name is Adam.  I live near Peoria Il.  I have been installing for about 3 years now and I love it!!  I have done 6 installs and my own.  Plan to go into the audio field once I get done with college.  Started off with a kenwood deck and some infinity 6x9's.  Now I have a pioneer deh-p80mp,kappa speakers,2 thunder 8000's and an ov2-1600 amp.  I am also on the SoundDomain forums.  Lookin forward to bein a part of this forum as well!!
Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic