Who’s Who?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cereal 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

hey ppl,

im just some schmo(Anthony) who did his first amp and sub install in my 2000 expedition. It was fun and i cant wait to expand my mobile media.

Alpine cda-7893 (soon to be Iva-d901)
Alpine Mrd-M1001
12" Alpine Type X
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Newb hardcore. Working out of southwestern (You can't even comprehend the huge demand for car electronics work around here. *end sarcasm*) Just really got into this seriously in Nov of 04. Been reading like crazy waiting for the weather to go away so I can start learning. I'm currently learning fiberglass fabrication on my own basically with the help of some great sites. Desperately trying to get into a shop to start learning how to apply all this theory and such. Going to attend IIT this summer I am sure if things don't get going. Learning a lot fast, wanna learn more, and I'm sure I will. Been a long time since I felt that. So basically, I'm a back alley guy with no physical experience(worth mentioning) that doesn't even have a garage to work out of, yet. Hoping to move up, and being around here is helping, considerably.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
imstrange 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

ok  im in . imstrange [mike]  ase master tech[auto repair] since 91. vw registered tech 5plus y

ears exp.; mazda master tech and master guild member [93 i think]  toyota certified since 96

more recentlly attended volvo master tech challenge may 02 in rockleigh NJ. [only the top 70 volvo techs in the entire country {usa} are invited .  and last of all  attended icar training

sessions for my last former employer [10 gold class points for him-nadda for me. ;and  fyi

i am most certainally a little strange.look forward to helping you any way i can M>S>

Optik 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well I am new to the forum but not new to Car Audio. I am 25 years of age. I have done a few (at least 90-100) installs. All pretty good in my opinion. I have no certs. for install or electronics, but I do for computers. Hope I can be of some help to the forum as it has helped me alot so far. If anything else you guys/girls would like to know just ask and hopefully I am of some help to you.
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

My name is Mike, 30yrs old. I am the head of a four man install team employed by the State of Utah, Information Technology Services. We install and maintain all public safety equipment for all state agencies in Utah. That includes everything from over 500 highway patrol vehicles to the Governors vehicles, Armored personnel carrier for the state swat team, prison perimeter vehicles, undercover and surveilence vehicles, bait cars with GPS, mobile command centers (40ft RV usually with 3 or 4 dispatch consoles, satellite phones, mobile data, communication links, onboard repeaters, telescopic video camera, generator, PBX, GPS, automated antennas, etc.) and anything else related that you can think of. The area of +12V a lot of people forget about  =)

I started coming to this board when I was trying to locate a wiring diagram for a Toyota Camry that was being used as a bait car. Great people here and a lot of knowledge....if any of you come through the Salt Lake City area and want the nickel tour of our shop, let me know... Mike

SoundExplosion 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

SoundExplosion

Born and live in new york. i have been installing for about 7 years my brother started me in this 12v life and i never left. and i dont think i will. i love it to much. i am 24 and have passed all mecp tests but master hope to do it this year. i own a shop and have four guys that work for me . if anybody needs a job always looking for new people.  

SoundExlposion

ugmoe2000 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

My name's Eric I'm a high school senior and so far I've done 3 installs including 2 component installs and 2 sub installs. I LOVE loud bass. I"m not certified in car audio but I do have my CCNA for all of you that know that one. I've taken a hundred million electronics courses and I have a pretty good grasp of theory. I am a member of good standing in this and other forums...carstereos.org, caraudioforum.com, splxbass.com, elitecaraudio.com, jeepsunlimited.com, jeepforum, naxja.com. In my next enclosure I look forward to glassing for the first time.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-Rockford Fosgate Punch 501x
-CDT EF-61CF Components
-CDT CL-6x Coaxials for Rear Fill
-Aura 1" tweets from the Mr. Component Series in the dash
lions-freak 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have been in car audio as a career since I got out of high school.  Before that it was just a hobby, after graduation I attend Installer Institute in Daytona Beach(class of summer 98') when Chris Cooper was the instructor.  Ever since then I have worked three places, AudioPlus(Ames,Iowa), SoundWorld(MC, Iowa) and now I am the Mobile Sup at Best Buy(MC, Iowa).  SO I have been doing this thing for a while and to be honest the Best Buy thing is a nice change from just installing.  I have alot of other things to take care of besides just installing so its a good change.  But I really am now missing the fabrication and custom work I was doing.......I have been playing around with fixing decks and amps a little, and would like to take it a little farther, again as a hobby.  So yeah yada yada yada..........later
another remote start season survived...but plenty of custom work ahead...MECP? of course ;)
ken_steele 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
What up I was 7 year auto mechanic and now Air Traffic controller in the USAF. From the NYC but call Tucson AZ home(stationed there for 7 yrs) but now am in Mississippi. Installed a few systems but none too extreme but now that I have a few under the belt Ive been getting into it more. Boy is it addictive. I hope to gain a better understanding of car audio as well as installation techniques fro this site which I already started doing.Peace catch yall on the Car Audio Forums
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, another bloody aussie here too annoy you all! What can I say?hmmm...start from the start I guess huh?

My father was a Aircraft Technician for 35 years, it was only natural that I do something of the ilk, aircraft wasn't my thing, I hate aircraft..even though I have the move of my life coming up 22hours in a plane just ain't my thing, but I love my fiance and my kid so when she had to move back to the states it was only natural that I do the same thing once my contract runs out.

I have been installing for about 6 years now, the company work for isn't just your bread and butter installations we do it all, theres a saying that we keep in the shop "If it was designed to go in a car, we put it there, if it wasn't designed to go into a car, we still put it there!".....3phase 415 volts in your car anyone?

We use a lot of lateral thinking in our bay, something just aren't meant to work but we have to make them work. Some of the more exciting jobs is in installing for the undercover police cars, we do some pretty incredible things with them, you climb into the after we have finished and all you can see is a handsfree kit,  unfortunatly due to my Confidentiality Agreement, I can't tell you too much more oter then WOW!!!!!! it takes about 2 days to kit one of these cars out and thats 2 installers working non-stop.

I got side tracked didn't I? guess it doesn't matter I'm looking forward to my move to Wisconsin, Tessa has said that there isn't much work for me in Eau Claire or the twincities so I may have to look at moving away from car audio and doing something else, I just don't know what? does anybody the name os some shops I can look at?

I love using this forum, I use it more for a place to whinge about problems more so then questons pertaining to cars, but it's nice to see that I'm not alone with some of my problems...see post in General Discussion "The Apprentice"

Later y'all, I just got word that a truck has stopped reporting via Navman and now the truck wont start...it's 1500 km's away....nice little drive huh? see you in a few days!

Raymond Wilkinson-Reed

Check all advice given with a meter
Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic