icon

6 10's too much?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
ive heard that a vehicle can only handle or support so much bass...or itll end up sounding worse.....i got a 01 Dodge Ram reg cab.....  im thinkin bout sticking 6 10 inch Visonks in it....is it too much or will it stop my heart?
pacojoebob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
6 10's in a reg cab??? Ya i think that's kinda too much but i don't do installs... I don't know how you would fit that behind the seat unless you going to do a bed box.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
its not too much, I've seen installs of 8 12" subs in standard cab truck setups and as many as 16 in extended cabs but, yes, it can be done. Now I wouldn't recomend sitting inside the vehicle when its playing as 6 10" subs right behind ur head is going to produce obserd SPL levels that will cause ur ears to bleed and potential hearing loss, but if its for competition then have fun. My personal opinion on vehicles like this is if its not for competition, then dont have more than 4.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

there is no such thing as too much. lol. hey go for it. if you can make it all fit, do it. I have 8  12's in my Bronco and still have my back seat. thats all i have is my back seat. the cargo area is full up with gear. I installed 4 12's in a 98 ram reg cab. it was not to bad to pull off. just make your plans and go for it.

Big Dave
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

Once you're talking about things being that loud, I've heard it really doesn't matter how it sounds. 

xtreamcc is right.  Unless you're planning to compete or looking for a fast way to kill your ears, it is too much imo.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

mainly b/c my audio store just opened and really dont have anything to show off....so while im driving or chillin in my truck...im gonna cut one amp off and only run 3 subs ..but when its in front of the store ill kick it on really loud and windows down when the store gets busy....

speedway....you fit 4 12's in a reg cab dodge?   do tell how you did it...i had 2 12's and i had a hard time to fit them and compromise for comfort....if you care to share some tips

shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

mainly b/c my audio store i install for just opened and really dont have anything to show off....so while im driving or chillin in my truck...im gonna cut one amp off and only run 3 subs ..but when its in front of the store ill kick it on really loud and windows down when the store gets busy....

speedway....you fit 4 12's in a reg cab dodge?   do tell how you did it...i had 2 12's and i had a hard time to fit them and compromise for comfort....if you care to share some tips

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
I am all for more is better. I run 4 12's in my S-10 and have alot of fun with it. If you put in a preamp or something similar you could just turn down the subs instead of turning 3 of them completly off. Then they are all going to wear evenly ie not have 3 remain stiffer than the other 3 because of longer play.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
xxxvectra 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

not being funny, but why 6 10"s? 2 18"s would be louder and be much easier to wire up with a big amp each. And hell, you won't get 160DB with 6 10"s unless you spend obscene amounts of money.

It's not all about quantity with subs, but quality.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thats kinda funny you say that because around here I proved the exact oposite and state that there is no replacment for displacment. I took my cheap ass DVC pioneer 305's  which are 12 inch subs that retail for about 120 bucks and built a wall in my truck. I run all 4 off of an orion HCCA 425. I have been to 3 comps this year and have beat everything I have come up against. Some notables include a pair of 10w7 off of 2 jl1000/1 in a swift and a pair of 15" Titanium Elicpse powered off two 800.1 Pheniox Gold Titanium amps in a camaro. Both vehicles had professional installs done and the Camaro actually has a tag of almost 22000 inculding gear and install, not a drop of video either. It may not be as loud as me but damn does it ever look good.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic