icon

Viper 791 Hood

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, so I just had the Viper791 installed onto my '94 3000GT SL and like everything works but when the hood goes off, the remote is indicating that the trunk has been breached, not the hood.  So I called the shop and the guy said that the reason why that is is that both the trunk and the hood share the same line/connection.  So even if the hood is breached, because there is only one line going in, it reads trunk on the remote.  Is this true?  Does other people's read both trunk and hood when depending on which one is breached or does it only read trunk/hood? 
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
i know on my 790, if you hold all the buttons down to go into setting it up for vibrate and lite on/off....if you push the aux button, it'll switch from trunk...to hood...to hood and trunk. Dunno if it's the same with the newer keyfobs, but it might be worth a try?
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

bobk, sorry for my ignorance but I don't really know how to read those high tech stuff.  Yes, the remote has a picture of a car and it does have have the icon for a trunk and a hood, just don't know why only the trunk displays. 

godsegoizhuge, thanks for the info.  I'll try it tomorrow when there's more light.  I hope the guy at the shop wasn't lying to me because I'm gonna be freakin' pissed if he was. 

Anyone else with any info please let me know.  Thanks.

jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
i have a matrix rs3 and godsegoizhuge has got it right. i bought a remote for the matrix rs3.5 (same as 791) and it works the same way.
jc18750 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
if you notice when you put in the battery on your remote, you will see numbers 1 through 6 scroll down the side of the car. if when you open the hood it should report zone 6, but shows the trunk. all you have to do is hold down all of the buttons to change the settings on the remote. the trunk should report zone 1 and the hood should report zone 6. if you open the hood and it reports zone 1, he installed it wrong.
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
jc18750, I just triggered the alarm on my car with the hood and trunk but both don't report any zones being breached.  The trunk icon just lights up.  And the numbers go from 2-7 so I dunno.....  Do you think maybe that's just for Clifford's Matrix?
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

godsegoizhuge, I was reading the manual and it says that while in programming mode, pushing "aux" would change the page on/off mode.  I tried it out nonetheless so this is what happened.  When I was page mode was on, then it's when the alarm goes off, my remote beeps and and shows that the car's been tampered with.  If the page mode was off, when the alarm goes off, my remote does beep or anything (which defeats the whole purpose of the remote).  So yeah, I guess it is just on your 790.  :(  Thanks for the help though.

Anyone with any other thoughts please let me know.  Thanks.

nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
go back to your owners manual to the programmable remote control features get your remote and press all four buttons at the same time till your remote beeps. Then press the AUX button to toggle between trunk or hood or so the remote could show both icons when either one is set off.All DEI lcd 2-way remotes are the same regarless if its viper,clifford,python.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
did they use grey for the hood trigger and blue for the trunk?  if they just used blue then it would show trunk for the trunk and hood.
MECP certified installer
jc18750 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
sroth140 is right. the blue wire on the main harness is labeled "multiplexed trigger input" in the install guide. it says that it is commony used for the trunk. the grey wire on one of the smaller harnesses is strictly labeled "hood pinswitch shutdown wire.". i checked my new remote, and your right. it goes from 2 - 7. zone 1 is for the shock sensor and it is seperated into this box. 1 & 2. 1 is for the blue wire on the shock sensor. and green is for an extra sensor (sold seperately, such as a motion sensor). Viper 791 Hood -- posted image.anyway, if you hold down the unlock button, lock button, trunk button, and the aux button on the remote all at the same time, your remote goes into programming. press the TRUNK button to select between trunk, hood, neither, or trunk and hood. don't press anything for about 5 sec and remote will exit programming. follow this link, and i have a short movie of how to do it. it's about 26 seconds long. you don't have to press all of these buttons, but i did them all. remote link
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic