icon

90 acura legend with bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
weird. We'll ur next option would be to find urself a ground and try that. I'm pretty sure that it wont harm anything as I've done it myself before.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
DaGr8n8 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
ok thats what i was thinken jsut get a gound and use that hope it works lol
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
im still confewsed on why they would put the ground sepret if there was no resion ?
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
i still feal a littel sketchie befor i do this ... er i really dotn want to burn a wire out.i would love to know why they put in 2 grounds cus there has go to eb a reasion, back ot google for a few mroe hours :) lol
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
when in doubt of a wire being ground or otherwise, the best advice is to leave it alone altogether. since you have installed aftermarket amps and speakers already, then wiring up the head unit should be quick and simple. just use the car's metal chasis as ground instead and you'll also have the added benefit of lower chance of alternator whine or turn-on pops. good luck!
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
just take this car to a qualified installer. All this time you've been sitting here making hesitation marks, you could have had the deck in there by now. I understand that people like to help on this board but come on. Theres only ONE ground in a legend, or anything honda based for that matter. If you don't know, don't install it.
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
humm no thanks defective.... i liek to do things my self and save money and learn while im at it and THANKS defective i wil ltake ur advice and do that, it s what i was planen to do !!!!!!!!!!!
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
DaGr8n8 wrote:
humm no thanks defective.... i liek to do things my self and save money and learn while im at it and THANKS defective i wil ltake ur advice and do that, it s what i was planen to do !!!!!!!!!!!
If you plan on saving money then do what defective is suggesting.
If your at a dead stop and nothing seems to work. You must have destroyed something else. Save your self even more money and time. Pay the certified installer and watch him do it learn from there.
Not trying to mess you up but your messing your self up.
Hope this helps!
Were working on a 93 legend did not come across your situation.
Not sure unless we take a look.
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
i talked to some one and they had the same car as me (model #) and they said that there deck had both ground....
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

Well look into that this upcoming saturday. We're working on a that 93 legend coupe this saturday and will have some update on this.

In the meantime take it easy .

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic