Xplode system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abfa 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
hi there,
i want to know your opinions about a sony Xplode combination.
I am planning a Xplode Amp 500 Wat (xm-504z) with a 12' Xplode subwoofer(xs-l1237).
Is this a good combination. What do you think?
I would bridge the 4 channel amp so that i just connect my subwoofer to the amp.
Thank you
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
huh, well for one, sony doesn't make a model L1237... unless its one of those cheap walmart specials. Anyway, besides my rabling crap, u dont want to get a 4 channel unless ur running 2 subs cuz u can only bridge 2 chanels together and hook them so the sub. Anyway, try to get ur hands on a XM-2100GTX they look better and will push a single sub just fine. As for the sub.... we'll, get what u can but I'd suggest get'n the P5's just cuz their the newer stuff, otherwise try to get ur hands on an XS-L1236, thats the only round sony sub I'd suggest.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
and how it looks matters!!!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Note the fact that he is in switzerland so they may have different model numbers than us on some similar gear. As far as the amp goes I do agree that you would be far better of with just a 2 channel amp bridged together.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
abfa - double check your model numbers or post a link to the site where we can see these models. If you are using a single sub system, use either a 2 channel amp or use the 4 channel that you are looking at and use half of this amp to power your front speakers. This can sound just fine if you do it properly.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Leif 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
A DVC sub could be hooked up to a 4-channel amp in bridged mode, one voice coil per channel pair.
///Leif
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hit the newer models of sony.  and go with a MONO AMP and a single 15" SUB that will do

JOb perfectly.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Where the HELL is my flamethrower!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hit the newer models of sony.  and go with a MONO AMP and a single 15" SUB that will do

JOb perfectly.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
Where the HELL is my flamethrower!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic