icon

audiobahn 1200q vs jl audio 12w3dv4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
which is the best sub to use for SPL not sq. the jl audio's are used and are the ones that jl audio no longer makes i mean they have an new version out. these subs handle 250 rms and 500 max spl. they were not abused. The audiobahns are brand new in the package. im trying to decide on which because i can have the audiobahns for 378 and the jl's for 370. Im going for spl and they will be in an sealed enclosure running off one jbl 1200 bp.1 amp.also the subs are all 4 ohm dvc's.  what should i buy honest opinions not bashers cause i like both and it would be an no brainer for me to buy the jl audio's if they were brand new but i dont get to make an easy choice.
goingcrazyonsound
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
oh one more thing their is 4 audiobahn subs and 4 jl audio subs.
goingcrazyonsound
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
hummm used JL's or new audiobahns........ well... I'm sorry, I cant endorse or encourage anyone to buy audiobahn. I've had tooooooooo many bad experiences with them to encourage anyone to buy them. I dont know that I'd go for those old skool 12w3dv4 for SPL, but I'd be talk'n out my ass cuz I've never heard the old w3's, just the newer ones. But if they're anything like the new ones then yeah, definately go for the JL's, they wont burn up or break apart like the audiobahns tend to.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
okay anymore opinions?
goingcrazyonsound
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
anyone
goingcrazyonsound
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
ya...get the JLs, the audiobahns have really droppedin quality., youmay even want to go the Kaption or MMats route
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

The JL's are old and not as good as the newer ones. I'm not implying that JL's are bad. But i mean if your asking for SPL i would go with the audiobahn. Nice chrome too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but JL Audio is Top of the Line Competition. but with what you have I would have to suggest to go with the audio bahn you'll hit the bass line like a whole new world especially with the jbl amp.
This opinion is just from previous experience and comparing the mods on those bad boys.
Yes audio bahn has probably drop a tremendous rate in quality. That's just over a time period of several months.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I am not a JL fan but I have to believe that the JL's are a better buy. I gotta ask though, how are you gonna wire them. If my math is right the only real option you have is to wire them at 2 ohms total load, but if I remember right, that amp only makes like 600 watts when wired at 2 ohms and then does 1200 watts when dropped down to one ohm. If thats the case than you dont have enough power to really push either group of subs to there potential.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
spittin2rock 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
definitely JL Audio.  I've got Audiobahn and a huge Audiobahn fan.  I like Audiobahn but JL Audio makes supreme subs.
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

no the amp makes 1200 watts at either one ohm or two ohm's and the company says  its prefers 2 ohms

goingcrazyonsound
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic