icon

32 amps hooked to 9 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
$uperflame$ 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  

ok i was told you cant hoot more then one amp up to 1 sub,  then how does this guy run 36 amps on 9 suhttp://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4057_56825958,00.htmlbs?

link ^ http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4057_56825958,00.html

because i want to put 2 of them sub in the back deck of my car and build the box in the trunk, it would be nice to have a all pioneer system and the most powerful amp i seen that pioneer makes is 400watt rms.

?so what do you guys think?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Of course it is possible to bridge seperate amplifiers together, sure.  When a person bridges a stereo amp into one woofer (which is connecting two amps to one speaker) that's what is being done.  As long as the amplifiers are designed with this kind of capability it's easy.  If you have the proper equipment and electronics knowledge and use the proper amplifiers you can connect two, three, four seperate chassis together.  But you CANNOT take any common, off-the-shelf car audio amplifiers and simply connect them together as they are NOT designed for this (unless you want to watch your fuses blow as you make pretty fireworks.)  The million dollar truck you linked to is a factory sponsored competition vehicle and the amp rack was put together specificially for this one competition. 
Support the12volt.com
hustlin247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
There is nothing nice about an all Pioneer system.
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

hustlin247 wrote:
There is nothing nice about an all Pioneer system.

amen

everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
32 amps hooked to 9 subs -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
$uperflame$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

was that the question?

mobile E
hustlin247
$uperflame$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
i see that the Rockford Fosgate Power T10001bd  amps and other modles are made to hook 2 amps to one load, it says
  1. Power Sync synchronizes two Power bd amplifiers for driving a single load
  2. Master Sync creates a master / slave setup with synchronized gain, EQ, and crossover settings

am i right?

thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
hey how about you guys try to answer his question rather than put down pioneer? you are just taking up space. (i know i am too right now with this post, but i'm doing it for a good reason)
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
I believe I did answer his question.  Like I said, if the amplifiers are designed to be bridged together then it can be done.  If they are not, then not.  As simple as that.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
And no wonder it took all that power! with an efficiency of 88dB, you HAVE to feed it that much power to even HEAR it! I prefer a driver that is under rated, so you CAN feed it twice as much power as you have... gives room to grow!
Once you get to 5kW, where you gonna go from there?
..."but these go to eleven" ROFLMAO!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
I believe I did answer his question.  Like I said, if the amplifiers are designed to be bridged together then it can be done.  If they are not, then not.  As simple as that.
What brand amps would you suggest to have the capability of bridging into one load to produce massive sound with between  1 - 4 subs?
If you cannot list them all please, tell me how i can find these special amps.
What mods or specs do i need to look for when searching for amps?
Do subs go the same way. is there a specific way to wire the subs up when loading more than 1 amp?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic