icon

2002 Dodge Durango Wireing Chart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CarNut 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hopfully this will come through ok......

Man that is wierd, I think ZoneAlarm IS messing me all up... Sorry About that

Hmmm How would the values be cumulative if I have two wires from the Alarm, and only one wire from the Car?  Can't you just plug in the appropriate resistance to each of the wires from the alarm to the single wire on the car (one for unlock and the other for lock

Doesn't the alarm pulse only the appropriate wire for either lock or unlock with-in itself?

Please help me understand

CarNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmmmm,

Looking through this great wonderfull site, I notice the diagram below:  I guess this would also work?

2002 Dodge Durango Wireing Chart - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
the reason for the relays is to get a solid chasis ground not the 300-500ma ground out of most alarm brains also when using resistors inline you need a full 12v ground because if you start with a lower voltage you are just going to redude it farther than the specified resistor is stated for. make sense/?????
CarNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Makes perfect sense,

However may I ask if this is a peripheral reason for using relays or is this the MAIN reason for use relays..?

I just don’t understand the need to isolate the two, if the brain is using two internal relays (or triac’s which I guess why you would not get a full ground signal) to power each individually……? 

I’m not trying to “get out of” using relays, I just want to understand the theory behind this, I guess…

CarNut

Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Using the yellow wire caused the doors not to lock (aftermarket door locks), the delay dome light was causing the alarm to think the door was still open, if I turned the dome light off via the dash switch then the doors would lock all the time even with the doors open. Solved the problem by using the door ajar wires, diode isolated them and used a relay like posted for the Windstar.
Everything working now.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2002 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
gentleman what type of alarm i have never had that issue with the durango or dakota. i did have a different issue with a durango today a 2003 the car wont lock if the parking lights are on. the ctm is telling it not to lock i guess since door triggers and locks in same computer. this is with the driver door open only.
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2002 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
Was the key in the ignition, the doors won't lock electrically if the key is in. My alarm is a Crimestopper CS2001, my install was in a 2002 Dakota, I jumped on the Durango post because the problem I was having was really bugging me for several months and the Durango and Dakota has the same wiring. I am still not sure why the alarm would go off a couple of minutes after setting the alarm, the relay solved the problem, just wish I knew why, this is the second alarm brain, Crimestopper replaced the original but they both did the same.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic