icon

Finally finished almost

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tylertime 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

i've got my 10w3v2 now so the w6 is outta the question... i've already started to grind the hole bigger with my dremel...harder than i thought but its gettin there and i'll get it in tonight...then i'll hook it up and see how it sounds  hehe  sooo anxious!!

i didn't have to add acetone to the resin. it was just polyester resin made by BONDO. i made about 2 ounces at a time and placed 3 inch strips of different lenghts around the box...then to make it smooth and paintable i used body filler... many batches to get it to where i liked it (had a few low spots in the shape)

a great thing that i learned from this forum is that if you make a batch or body filler, then add an ounce or so of fiberglass resin to it... it becomes very soupy and easy to spread!!!   but never had a problem with the resin being thick.. unless i waited too long while putting it on and it gelled up!!  so i just put less hardener in it.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
by the looks of it you could be an incredible fabricator.... glad to hear you got your hands on the sub. I have always tried to avoid that resin/bondo thing, didn't think it would turn out well...... but i dont see any problems with that enclosure. Will have to try that.
tylertime 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

thank you!!

the bondo resin mix was neat because it spread on really easily...didn't stay where you wanted it to..but spread easily!! helped alot to male it even across the surfaces that wern't that perfect!!

cornfedmancow 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Real sweet man, it is exactly what I want to do with my Elantra GT Hatch. Awsome!

Defective is right though! What kinda ride is it in (I missed it earlier).  You should make a few and sell them on e-bay for $200+, make some scratch and get your self a new amp or a set of components?

Eagles may soar - but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.
tylertime 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

thanks alot man!!

its a 90 civic hatchback...it slides in the passenger corner of the hatch..still giving me room to get my spare tire and put stuff in the back... i don't think its good enough to sell though  your guys are soo nice  hahaha

and i've got a brand new amp and JL components... i was just waiting on this dang box to get it all together :)

HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Wow looks real good, nice job!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic