icon

the wifey want a tv in the new chrysler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xavierny25 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

hi guys and thanxs for checking this out.i have the new chrysler 300 and i did my first upgrade last week which was adding soom bass to it .i put in a 10 in rockford fosgate sub and and a amp it sounds great.and thanx to u guys it happened.well here is the next project i just bought a pioneer avd-w6010 6.5 wide screen and play station 2 and i want to add this on to my car .all i want is to be able to play movies or games and get the sound from my car stereo.i now ill be needing alot of help with this install.so where do u think i should start.what i do know for a fact is that i need a fm modulator to start.from there on im lost. im good when it comes to amps and radios and subs but this video car stuff im not sure off .

thanx xavierny25@msn.com

switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
now you just need a power inverter to change 110v to 12v on the ps2, run the audio cables from the PS2 to the FM MOD, and the Video Cable to the TV.......
xavierny25 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
                      o0o sorry got that also how does the wiring for a fm modular work or look like any way i never had to install one so i dont now how to pick one or install one for that matter.
switch_hitter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

An FM modulator has a 12v wire ground wire , audio inputs, and a switch to set the fm frequency, and an antenna input and output.  If i remember right its 88.3, and 89.1, but anyhow, its pretty simple to install you give it power and ground, hook up the audio jacks to it, and plug your vehicles antenna into the input and put the out put into the back of your radio......I would recommend that you get a high quality fm mod. I use Farenheit.

xavierny25 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
             do they have a web site so i can check one out i really dont want to go with any thing cheap or half ass on this car.or does pioneer carry one?
switch_hitter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4023_36266,00.html 

check out that link, this one comes with an TV Tuner so you can pick up local stations....its expensive but you get what you pay for.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic