icon

Hyundai Tiburon Keyless Entry Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reaper1812 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

I've been doing some research looking around if it worth taking my door panel off to try and install a keyless entry system I bought (Auidiovox AA-925).  I've seen some sites that say you need to install an actuator (maybe that is if the car does not have power locks all ready).  Anybody had any luck putting a keyless in a Tiburon?  The wiring diagrams at the site show everything else I need to know, just need to get familiar with this part.  Looking around Hyundai's techincal database it looks like the actuators are 4 wire revese polarity, and I see they have the basic wiring diagram for that on this site.  Speaking of which, are they any good books out there for the Tib?  Mine did not come with a manual, and allegedly its out of print, and Chiltons doesn't make one either, any others?  Thanks for the help.

2000 Hyundai Tiburon, with power locks installed.

Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2004 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  

do all your doors unlock or lock when you lock the drivers door? if so that would be why, alot of systems that work like that usually have to have a seperate actuator in stalled in the driver door so when you arm/dis arm it it will pull the lock and unlock/lock all the doors. here is a scosche doc on how to remove your door panels if your not sure.

http://www.scosche-cars.com/encyclopedia/hi141.pdf?userID=87cfacf2d3c9336a968aefd28e575459&vehicle_id=HI0047

reaper1812 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2004 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, when you hit the lever on the driver side(not even a lock unlock button), it also locks the passenger side. I'm attaching the link for the wiring diagram from Hyundai's website. At first I thought I could use the actuator wiring diagram and catch 2 and 4 and that would trigure the actuators on both the passenger and driver side.
reaper1812 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have only a couple of wires left to do in this install, the door sense and the light flash.
Allegedly, I have a negative door sensing system, yet when I get a probe on the two wires in the kick panel to ground(BLACK/ white and GREEN / WHITE on the diagram), it floats when the door is open and shows +12v when the switch is activated, is this the way it is supposed to work?
Hyundai Tiburon Keyless Entry Install -- posted image.
My next question is about the kick panel, it is the raceway that goes from the front of the car to the back. When I connect to the green white wire in that raceway (as described in the list on this site), it only operates the turn signals, not the parking lights. Looking at this diagram it looks like I need to connect to the pink wire in that raceway, but I don't know if I am reading it right.
Any help would be appreciated.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock ADD ACTUATOR ADD ACTUATOR TO DRIVER DOOR #204
Power Unlock ADD ACTUATOR ADD ACTUATOR TO DRIVER DOOR #204
#240- See Adding Actuator Door Lock Diagram.
Dome Light BLACK/ WHITE (-) DRIVER KICK PANEL
Parking Lamp GREEN / WHITE (+) DRIVER KICK PANEL
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
grn99cav 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

Ok. I'm bringing this back from the dead because I'm having some of the same problems.

I'm working on a 2001 Tib and I've never worked with actuators before. So I'm taking it to a shop that my friend works at to get that done.

Now my other problem is I got the wire colors down, however when I go under the dash and to the DKP I see like 6 BLACK/ white wires (door trigger) and 4-5 GREEN / WHITE (parking lights). I tested them all with a DMM and none of them were responding. WTF? Can someone be more specific of where they are? is it behind/under the fuse box down there or what?

And my last problem, where is the best way to get through the firewall for the siren hookup?

reaper1812 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
The door sensor should read 12 volts in relation to ground when you press the trigger in your door jam. I ended up using the pink wire in the the kick panel raceway next to the drivers seat for the parking lights, it should read 12 volts in relation to ground when you turn the parking lights on. I found the door sensor wire in that raceway as well. There should even be two in there, one going to the sensor and one going back. I didn't have a siren, so I can't help you there I just used the horn. I thought I saw someone post something about that though, I think they said if you have an automatic there is an opening where the clutch pedal is supposed to be. The wire colors is of course dependent on them keeping the wire colors the same from 2000 to 2001.
grn99cav 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

reaper1812 wrote:
The door sensor should read 12 volts in relation to ground when you press the trigger in your door jam. I ended up using the pink wire in the the kick panel raceway next to the drivers seat for the parking lights, it should read 12 volts in relation to ground when you turn the parking lights on. I found the door sensor wire in that raceway as well. There should even be two in there, one going to the sensor and one going back. I didn't have a siren, so I can't help you there I just used the horn. I thought I saw someone post something about that though, I think they said if you have an automatic there is an opening where the clutch pedal is supposed to be. The wire colors is of course dependent on them keeping the wire colors the same from 2000 to 2001.

ok. as for the horn, I looked at all the wires coming from the steering column and found the BROWN / red wire that was supposed to be the horn. It should read ground when activated. but when i tested that it read ground even when the horn wasn't on... aaarrrrgg.

reaper1812 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
The horn wire is really pink/white i think.
There are two wires (ground, signal from the horn switch) and they are isolated from all other wires (I think it is encased in a black case, or maybe the yellow corrugated tube, but I was thinking that was the air bag). I had to take the upper and lower plastic casing off to see those two wires. To tell the truth, it took me an hour to do the power, and engine on wire, but it took me the whole rest of the day trying to figure out the horn. There should be a little clip you can undo to take the wires away from the car so you can splice them easier. The easy way to test your new splice is to touch it to anything metal, or grounded. Hope this helps.
reaper1812 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the diagram I tried to post last time.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic