icon

Sub Selection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mj239air 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
I know this is all basically a matter of opinions, but I like hearing all of yours. I have a current set up that consists of 2 JL 18W6's and 2 JL 12W6's. The amps I am using are 2 older PPI PC2350's. I have recently decided to change my setup and I bought all new amps. I am now going to go with the new Alpine V-12 amps. I have bought 2 MRD-M1000's and 3 MRD-M500's. I am considering using the JL subs but I am also considering the Alpine type R's. If I stick with the JL's I will use 3 12's and the 2 18's. If I go with the Alpines I would go with 3 12's and 2 15's. I want to know all of your opinions on the setups especially from Alpineguy.   
mj239air 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and by the way, the main reason that I am doing the 2 seperate sizes is 2 have 2 different setups. One is for SQ and the other is for SPL. I can shut off any of the amps and run individually or all together for whatever set up I want. This is all in my Suburban as well. The one reason to also switch out the subs is to get the most out of the amps. I don't like the JL's for the fact that they are dual 6 ohm vc's. Not really sure if I want to upgrade to newer JL's but love the 18's that I currently have as well.
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2004 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine is a good sub... recomend...
mj239air 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have any more opinions? Alpineguy where you at???????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic