icon

Newer GM retained power feature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silversi17 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

I had a customer come in today that wanted his xm commander hooked into his retained power.  (radio stays on when the car is off) the car is an 02 olds aurora, and the stereo is one of those ribbon cable ones that doesn't have a harness.  I've heard that the retained power is 6 volts, my questions are these.

Is it possible to tap into the retained power system for a 12 volt application?(if it is indeed 6 volts.  If so, where can I get that power from?

clank 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Should be the brown wire in the ignition harness. (second accsesory) The data bus harrness breaks of into regular speaker harness after a ways. I have seen it in bonnivlles and buicks, but not oldsmobile. let me know if this works
shocker
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
The brown wire in the ignition harness is accessory power, but it isn't what you are after. It will shut off when the key is removed from the ignition. The only place to get what you are after is to find the blue wire at the sunroof module located behind the sunroof above the headliner. It will supply a retained accessory 12 volt + source. You can also find it coming out of the rear fuse/relay box under the back seat.
sparky
silversi17 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

There wasn't anything I could grab off of with retained power under the back seat, that's the first place I looked.  I might try to see a way about using that sunroof module though it seems like a pain in the a**. 

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic