icon

5 pin relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lornehowlett 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
If your not a professional, why not?  You can save some cash, help the environment (reduce, reuse, recycle), and its not they they should ever go bad in a vehicle, unless the terminals start to rot.  I might be biased because my dad owns a self serve salvage yard, but its not a wearing part like a tire, so they should last the life of your vehicle... Just my 2/5ths of a nickle on the matter tho
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Both options are good depending upon the application and the person(s).
My view on the matter is that anytime a critical system is being incorporated into an existing vehicle or electrical system.
You do not want to have any doubts as to the basics, whether they will last one year, or ten.
Given that the price for name brand Bosch relays can be had for only $0.99 at parts express, and other various on-line retailers.
It's not alot to pay for a peace of mind. In closing, relays do wear out, *contact arching* from the closing and opeing process, promotes corrosion within the relay contact patch.
If one was to obtain the relays from a salvage yard for free, or half the price, then that too is a great avenue to pursue.
Speaking only for myself, I would not go that route for a new installation where reliability and consistancy is the primary factor / objective
Just some things to consider.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
atwageman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Teken
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic