icon

which speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
they'll be going into a 97 accord coupe, auto. in my last car i had just the front speaks hooked up and it sounded great up front, but people who rode in the back could only hear the woofers. so i thought this time incase i ever haul around more than my fat butt they would be able to enjoy the music just as much as me.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
6.5's will do imo, you dont need the real lows if your puttin subs in, and i've found 6.5's hit harder than 6x9's, though mine seem to bottom out at lower freqs more than the stocks i replaced, but they hit harder which i like hearing more than a 6x9 that can go not a great deal lower.
you should still satisfy your ear rather then your company, in the back, specially as you put it " incase i ever haul around more than my fat butt", which i think implies you dont have a lot of company in the back.
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

one thing i would be worried about if i kept the rear stock in is that they would blow soon. could i just unhook them and avoid it all together.

the other problem though is i think the fronts (stock) are blown right now. i want to get some speaks to replace them until i actually get my system in so i was thinking going all around with new speakers then when i build my box for my woofers i would be good to go. or does that just sound stupid?

hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
alright, so my mom is pressuring me to get all this stuff done before i go off to school, in like a week. so i was thinking i have three options.
1 - get new interior speakers and build my box when i have some free time then i can amp it all and stuff.
2 - rush into building my box and cut back on the design i wanted but it gets everything in.
3 - put the old generic box and woofers in and leave the blown stock speakers.
i think i'll go with number one. any suggestions?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
#1, if you doit, doit right the first time ;p
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
alright, so then next question.
what kind of speakers?
i've been leaning towards some component if i can find them fairly inexspensive. or for coax mb quart infinity or alpine. i have no clue for the rear.
the only reason i'm a little hesitant about component is because i don't know where or how to mount the tweeter and where to hide the crossover, or even hook it up for that matter. i was looking at one guy's homepage on here and he was able to flush mount the tweets in an accord just like mine (97 lx coupe) and it looked pretty dope.
i need some help here.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic