icon

'89 civic stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
Oh another thing to check to make sure on your 12volts if they are fused check them to make sure they are good.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
honda_civic_si 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace

well, that don't make any sense then because on the deck, the ground wire has  this clip like wire (looks similar to this if you know what i mean by this discreption    ----------------(               and then i guess you're suppose to ground it to a chassis or something. The ground wire from the wire\ing harness adapter is just a wire with no attachment to it whatoever. If this is so, how ould i connect the two. The following is a picture discreption of what i mean.

Wiring harness adapter ground wire:   ---------------------

From the Deck ground wire     ------------------(

Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Oh another thing to check to make sure on your 12volts if they are fused from the deck check them to make sure they are good.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
Ok you are right if there is not a ground on the other end then no it would not work but then again I am not there to see this. The place that you have grounded the radio make sure that it is clean of any rust or paint.
Sound Pressure
tylertime 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

just check the fuses, if your using an adapter from wal-mart  then you shouldn't have to worry abou the ground!!  i think that plug you talked about is the antenna adapter, won't have an affect on whether or not the deck turns on....did you turn the key to "on" ??

does your cig lighter work???   it can only be a few things!! unbless the deck is screwed outta the box!!

Vidgamer 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Your chassis grounding point may not be good enough; you could try a different location.
Otherwise, double-check all of the connections. Here's where a multimeter comes in handy....
I assume it's not the obvious (turn on the ignition first!) :-)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic