icon

Relay bumper lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vncasanova 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  

Hi I have a problem trying to make my bumper light on and flash with relays but i dont know how to wire it up. Ive been trying to figure out where all the wires should be but im totally lost. Here is my situation: I want my bumper lights to stay on and blink when signal(currently they only blink when signal, do not stay on constantly), I want to get the signal from my corner light(which stay on constant when switched on) and the signal which goes to the bumper light into the bumper light so they they will stay on constantly and blink when signaled. Thanks for all the help guys

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
I have a dumb question. The light bulb that you are using for this setup does it have 2 filaments?
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
vncasanova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  
hi thanks for responding to my message, im kinda new to this, i dont know what filaments are but if you are asking about how many wires, both bumper lights have two wires going to it, one negative and one positive, the corner lights also have the same setup.
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
ok but the bulb itself does it have two "seperate wires" inside the bulb or just one. You know when you look at a bulb when it is burned out the inside "wire" is split that's the one i'm asking about?
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
vncasanova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, just one wire inside the bulb. The car i am doing this setup on is 1992 honda accord, thanks
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
If you want this to work correctly you will have to use a double filament bulb or a bulb with two "wires" inside it. That way you can have one constant like a parking light and then as a signal light. If you look at your rear tail light you will find one in there and possibly buy the same bulb to use in this configuration.
Sound Pressure
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
So basically you will need to grab the parking light wire to activate the constant light when you turn on your parking lights and then you will need to grab each turn signal wire one for each bulb using double filament bulbs.
Sound Pressure
vncasanova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks sound pressure, so how do i wire all these up with relays, a friend of mine said that i need to have 2 relays to make this whole thing work, can you show me how where each wires should go on the relays, thanks

Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  
you will need one relay for the parking light portion for both bulbs and wire them like this parking light wire to 86, 87-to 12volts, 30-to your bulb, 85-to ground.
That's for both sides for parking only. I really don't think you will need it for parking but it will be safe.
Now for your turn signals the same 86-to turn one turn signal and the rest the same. Now on the other turn signal to 86 and wire the rest the same 87-12volts, 85-ground, 30 to your bulb. Actually that's 3 relays but I think you can use the relays just for the turn signals and wire your park straight.
Sound Pressure
vncasanova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hi so the 3 relays do not connect with each other? HOw do the turn signals get sent to the bumper lights, i mean, when i switched on the headlight, the first relay that goes to parking light will light on the bumper light, but will it signal once i turn on the turn signal, i mean, how do the constantly on bumper light(signal from parking light) know when to shut off the parking light signal and activate the turning signal...thanx

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic