icon

Mounting Components Help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jakediggity 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,  I have a 96 Toyota Avalon and I'm having trouble deciding how to mount and wire them into my door.  The current speakers are in a little ported enclosure as you can see below and are attached to wiring that originates from a little plug on the outside of the box (see right picture with hands in it).  Obviously i cant fit the speaker wire from my new amp into this enclosure and i dont want to splice the factory wiring.  The only way into the enclosure is through the bass port.  I was wondering if i could drill a hole in the enclosure and run wire through it to the speaker and then seal it later with some kind of sealant (any suggestion on sealent).  Secondly do you see the protrusion at the bottom left of the screen?  That is where the tweeter is surface mounted.  What do i use to mount it on?  Some kind of glue? and i would like to know with what i should mount my crossover in the door with.  thanks.  (these are not pictures of me or my car, they are from cardomain.com)

Mounting Components Help! -- posted image.Mounting Components Help! -- posted image.

xavierny25 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

well there is a some thing u can use and we call it 40/40.its used for plastic welding (i give u a link below).but i wouldnt consider it for speaker wire cause it gets pretty hot and mit melt it and there goes ur speaker.for the tweeter just adjust the possition u want it in a weld away.hope this helps

i thinks its fiberglassing.net and look under ocf store u should find it there

jakediggity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
You know i checked that stuff out and im just not lookin to spend 110 dollars for a gun and some duramix and i dont even know how to use it.  I was thinkin maybe some super glue or hot glue or  any other kind of cheap plastic adhesive  for the tweets.
xavierny25 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

try some liquid nail its sells at the hardware store for about 2.50.it should do the trick.that stuff will bond to any thing.

i was just giving u an idea with that link they are very over priced on all there merch.I checked there prices against many other sellers and ther are double or close to triple on all there prices.there scrazy but if ur interested in finding out about custom installations and fibergassing that is the spot to go. 

jakediggity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

sweet, thanks for suggestion about liquid nail, i think ill try that.  As for getting my speaker wire into my enclosure, any ideas?

xavierny25 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
i would say  try to use the factory connecter from the factory speaker to get it on(splice) if not make ur hole and us a sound dampener to cover it up.as for the cross over i us velcro to put them in.I try not to make any hole that dont need to be made just make sure u clean the surface ur putting it on with alchol or windex so u get a good bond.and some where that doesnt get to hot cause it will just fall off.hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic