icon

Soundstream DV-12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepyrofish 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased a DV-12 off of ebay, and I need to build a boc for it but I can't find the Theile-Small specs for it anywhere.  I think it is a few years old (maybe not more that 1 or 2 but it definatle looks different than any dv-12 pics I have found online)  I was wondering if Anybody knew anything about this sub, or even if you don't have all teh exact specs, then an approx size for a sealed box would be appreciated.

Soundstream DV-12 -- posted image.this is the sub

amlloyd 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
this will answer your questions on the specs.
http://www.soundstream.com/sub/support_wooferspecs_pg3.html
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Pyro, when you get that thing going please drop me a PM if you can remember :-), i have been interested in buying an SS sub and wanna know some opinions
GL with the box
thepyrofish 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

alrighty, I couldn't seem to find that page on the soundstream site, i guess I'm handicapped, thank you very much.  just a quick question because I haven't come across this before, if it only gives ported enclosure size, and says N/A for sealed, does that mean they just don't expect sealed boxes to be used, or is it not able to run in a sealed box?

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
i think they would recommend what will work best for that sub, not what only works,
it would be weird if 12's started popping up only able to run in a ported box, i would find it a very big handicap for that sub imo :-)
amlloyd 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
in my opinion, i agree with r7. I think they tell you what they think is the best for the woofer but as you may already know, you need to be careful with ported boxes cause you dont want ot blow your nice woofers. Make sure you make (or buy if you are a newb) that is the corect size. This is the difference between night and day! Also important for ported boxes and high end woofers, make sure you buy a box with the correct port frequency. This will make the box sound the best it can be. Subzone make good specific tuned boxes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic