icon

Alpine HU not working properly?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevymac 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
Aha! Now I understand what you're saying. Thank you for taking the time to explain that! You guys are great! I'll go double check that wiring now to see if that's what I more than likely did. :)
If you think I can help, ask me... I'll try my best!
kevymac 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, that was the problem! I inadvertantly wired remote on to a wire that has no connection for that particular harness. You would think that they would include directions with that harness. But then again, one should always double check each physical wire to ensure the connections aren't going to something they don't belong to. Thank goodness I didn't blow anything out! Thanks for all of your help. Now I have to select some more components to go along with my head unit. How do I go about using the amp that's built into the head unit? I'm sure the V-drive internal amp must surely have cleaner and better power than the factory amp, right? Do I have to disconnect the factory amp and re-route the speaker wires to do that? Or should I just wait until I get an amp and new speakers to go through all that?
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

i wouldn'tn't touch the factory amp.... it is designed for these speakers....    Just hook up the speakers as if therer are no amps.....    that's should be as good as gold..     

as for helping you, no problem.   if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

kevymac 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
So then when I get new speakers I should just leave all the wires in place and route new ones from the new amp. Ok, that answers that question. I still gotta figure out what kind of speakers I want to use alongside the Alpine V-power 4 channel amp for the front and rears that I haven't installed yet.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic